L. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐝

"Austin, are you gonna come down?" Carl looked up at the top of the unfinished bar

"Austin, are you gonna come down?" Carl looked up at the top of the unfinished bar. "Maggie's on watch if he's close."

"Extra eyes." Austin spoke. "If Glenn sends a signal, Maggie might miss it."

"Shouldn't you be studying? Denise needs you." Carl ranted on. "Or finishing your bar?"

"I'll study and finish it when Glenn is home." he said in return. "Why are you nagging me?"

"I need your help." he exhaled, getting his older brother's attention. "Ron's giving me a hard time."

"Want me to bust his nose in?" he climbed down the small latter. "Little assholes been looking at me wrong since we've gotten here."

"No." Carl rolled his eyes. "I just want to know how to make him take me more serious. Show me some respect."

"You don't just get respect. You gotta earn it." he pointed him knowingly, flicking his hat. "Do something that'll make him look at you differently. Like, you actually mean something. Make him see that you matter."

"Yeah, but what?" Carl sighed in annoyance, just looking for an answer.

"You know him better then I do." Austin shrugged. "When I wanted Carols respect, I taught her how to use a gun."

Carl let his words sink in as Austin walked off, leaving him there to decide that he'd show Ron how to use a gun.

"Hey." Austin's voice caught Maggie's attention, making her look over to see him climbing up on the watch tower with her. "Any sign?"

"Nothing." she exhaled, moving over for him to join her. "Startin to worry."

"Yeah." he exhaled honestly. "I'd tell you he'd be okay...but i'm not very good at telling when people are and aren't."

Maggie knew he'd been talking about Beth.

"Figure out what you were gonna name your bar yet?" she asked as they watched the empty sky together, waiting for a sign from Glenn.

"Not yet." he exhaled honestly, pushing up his bandana. "Aaron helped me clear the entire top part off though, up the stairs. It's a perfectly, like, apartment type thing. Says since i'm getting older, I could have my own little place."

Maggie rubbed his back slightly as Austin exhaled. "Couldn't bring myself to tell him I can't sleep alone no more though."

"That won't last forever." she pointed out, he knew better then to believe her though. "Until then, you still got room in our bed."

"Yeah, pretty sure Carl is getting real sick of me crawling into his bed at night." Austin almost laughed. "This morning, I woke up to him smacking me with a pillow saying I was talking in my sleep."

"Better then when Glenn got a thumb to the mouth." Maggie did laugh. "Never heard you talk before though."

"Beth always said I'd say just a few words, never enough to make a whole sentence." he did smile, just a little, when he said it. "I can never remember what I dream about. It's always just blank when I wake up."