Lii. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

It was a blur

It was a blur.

A large blur that flooded Austin's head, yet he knew what to do. He felt out of control of his body when he got to the infirmary, Rick leaving him with Carl. He knew people were speaking, but it felt like he was underwater. The moments right now, as he worked on saving his baby brothers life, reminded him of when he blanked after Beth dying. Back then, he didn't know any better or have any control over what he did, yet now he knew exactly what to do.

Denise tried to help, but he couldn't hear her. Yet, Carl was okay, the bullet was removed, and he was breathing. Austin managed to come back when he was in the process of sewing his eye socket, Denise's hand on his as he met her eye. "Austin."

He froze, needle and thread in hand. "Thank you for your help, Denise."

"You did a great job here." she nodded, letting him get back to work. "Your Dad is safe, Michonne too. They'll be back here soon."

He cut the threat and looked to the window. It was sunrise, only a slight shade of red flooding Alexandria. "So much lose happened, yet the day still came."

"What do you mean?" Denise was confused by his words.

Austin placed his hand on Carls face. "The Andersons, Deanna. Loss doesn't stop tomorrow from happening."

She was still confused, but she had no clue what it meant for him to admit that. The anger and sadness be carried for Beth, the nights he felt like dying would be better then seeing the next day, they meant something now. He lost her, he lost Lori, but the day still came. The sky still turned blue again, the sun still came up, and he was still alive. "Carl made it, Judith made it."

He stared at her. "I made it."

A little smile formed on her face. "You saved your brothers life."

"Yeah." Austin had to smile slightly down at him. "Think it would be evil to give him a hair cut before he wakes up?"

Denise laughed. "Maybe we can say we had to in order to get the bullet out."

"Good idea." Austin smiled, a real smile, a smile he knew was gonna come but took a while. The world still hurt, he still hurt, he still missed Beth, he still missed his Mom. But, the worst of it was over. That wave of an imposter living were Austin Grimes once did was fading, he felt like he had to take the world seriously again. If not for himself, at least for the ones that didn't get as lucky as he did.

"Good morning, M-" Glenn rolled over, expecting to see his lover, met with Austin. "What the-"

Austin screamed when he opened his eyes, scaring Glenn into screaming as well and they both fell off either side of the bed. Austin huffed as he grabbed his head. "Ugh, good morning to you too."

"I thought you said you weren't gonna crash with us anymore?" Glenn sat up to look over the bed.

"Yeah, well, I changed my mind." he held his head as he stood up. "Want to drink?"