LVIII. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT—
when you lose something you can't replace.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT—when you lose something you can't replace

"It's okay." Aaron took the role of trying to comfort Austin from where he was on the ground, Glenn's dead hand still latched onto his due to never letting his grip up. "It's okay. I'm just gonna-"

They both cringed as Aaron preyed the hand off and pulled Austin into his arms, holding him there for a sense of comfort. He wasn't crying anymore, he was kinda just there. They'd all seen it happen before, they just couldn't care as much as they had before. Glenn and Abraham meant something to all of them, and now Glenn wasn't here to bring Austin back from wherever he disappeared to when bad things happened.

Negan came back and tossed Rick infront of the group, causing a sense of relief to go over all of them. "Here we are. Let me ask you something, Rick. Do you even know what that little trip was about?"

Rick pushed up on his knees, gapping around out of confusion and a bad state. Negan stood before him. "Speak when you're spoken to."

He breathed heavy from the ground. "Okay. Okay."

"That trip was about the way that you looked at me." he informed him. "I wanted to change that. I wanted you to understand. But you're still looking at me the same damn way...like I shit in your scrambled eggs, and that's not gonna work."

Austin squeezed his eyes and shook his head. Negans voice was fading in and out, dark spots were appearing in his vision. He was coming and going from the reality he'd been in right now. He shook his head and tried to stay, tried to stay until they at least were set free. "No. No. No."

Aaron looked down, the only one able to hear his whisper.

"So...do I give you another chance?" Negan kneeled down next to Rick as he continued his ragged breathing, in as much shock as the rest of them but was forced to speak.

"Yeah." he managed to get out. "Yes."

Negan patted him on the back and stood to his feet. "Okay. All right. And here it is- the grand-prize game. What you do now will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day or just another crap day."

That's what made Austin stay still, keep him right there. Negans words, throwing around that he might die is what kept him right there. He wanted to. He was ready to die, he was so desperate to that those words stopped him from getting lost in his own head.

"Get some guns to the back of their heads." Negan encouraged his saviors as they all each walked forward, stood right behind each of them as Austin was forced to separate from Aaron. "Good. Now level with their noses, so if you have to fire...it'll be a real mess."

Ricks eyes dropped over to Austin, who's hands were gripping the dirt and his eyes going closed.

"Kid." Negan looked at Carl. Austin's eyes opened then, watching as he encouraged his brother to come closer. "Right here."