xxviii. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

"She's scaring the hell our of me every time she raises that thing

"She's scaring the hell our of me every time she raises that thing." Austin spoke to Daryl as Beth approached the walker with his cross bow.

"Yeah, I can tell. You pansy ass." he shoved the side of his head as Beth cried out, falling over when her foot got caught in a trap. Austin hurried forward as Beth shot it in the shoulder.

Daryl took the bow as Austin fell onto his knees next to Beth to see what latched onto her leg. He hit it in the face, turning back to the two as Austin cut the chain free of Beth's foot. "Hit your bone? Can you move it?"

"Yeah." Beth wiggled her foot slightly. "Yeah, yeah, I think so."

"There's probably a place close by, hold up for a little bit." Daryl spoke as Austin helped Beth up, bending down as she jumped onto his back. "You got her?"

"Got her." he confirmed as Daryl got his backpack for him, Beth leaning her head on the side of his, her forehead brushing with the bandana on his head. "Y'all see that?"

They got closer, seeing graves before a large house. "Rich people house."

"Maybe they are still in there." Beth nodded.

"Well, if they are, i'll handle em." Daryl agreed as he walked over the pair.

"There's still good people, Daryl." Beth pointed out as Austin adjusted her on his back, the trio walking through the grave yard.

"I don't think the good ones survive." he said in return.

Austin shook his head. "They don't."

"I don't see no one!" Austin called as he came down stairs, his feet loud against the wood. "It seems empty."

"Same down here." Daryl agreed with him.

"It's so clean too." Beth pointed out as she looked around the house.

"Someone's been tending to it." Daryl agreed as Austin locked the door. "May still be around."

"Look." Austin pointed into the small room down the hall, the three walking in the see a dead man in a casket. "A funeral home, not a rich people house."

"Explains the grave yard." Beth agreed as Daryl looked down.

"They probably have a morgue." Austin looked to the ground. "Something for Beth's ankle in there?"

The trio headed down the stairs, another dead walker on the table as Daryl searched for supplies. "Looks like somebody ran out of dolls to dress up."

"It's beautiful." Beth defended the dressed up walker. "Whoever did this cared. They wanted these people to get a funeral. They remember these things were people before all of this. They didn't let it change them in the end. Don't you think that's beautiful?"

Austin nodded as he rubbed her back. "And sweet."

"Come on." Daryl ignored her, nodding for her to take her shoe off.