xlii. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐤

"Would you just stop and talk to me?" Maggie asked annoyed as she followed Austin

"I don't know what you want to talk about." he shrugged, not bothering to look at her.

"Your attitude lately, for starters." she scoffed. "I get your angry-"

"Then get off my back." he cut her off, Maggie latch onto his arm and spun him to face her.

"You didn't get to do that." she shook her head with a serious look up at him. "I know what you're feeling and you don't get to take out your feelings on everyone else."

"What are you gonna do? Ground me?" Austin asked her in disbelief. "Look around Maggie, it's not-"

He was cut off with her hand colliding with his face. She didn't hit him hard enough to hurt him, more to grab his attention. Austin gapped in disbelief as his face was turned to the side. Glenn shook his head. "Maggie."

"You can be mad, and you can hate everything that breaths in your direction." Maggie stared at Austin with a nod. "But, you aren't gonna walk around hating the people that love you. Your dad, me, Carl, Michonne, all of us care enough about you to make sure you didn't get your ass killed this past month. You don't get to take your anger out of the rest of us by being a Grumpus."

Austin touched his face where she slapped him, his eyes meeting hers. "Did you just say Grumpus?"

Her nose twitched, his lips sucked in before the pair couldn't help it, laughing outloud. Glenn sighed in relief, giving them space. "What's is that?"

"My Daddy use to say it." Maggie laughed with a shake of her head, Austin grinned as he leaned in and hugged her. Maggie held the back of his head. "Your feelings are valid, Austin. I'm not trying to tell you to stop hurting."

"I know." he shut his eyes, holding her. "I don't blame anyone, I just- I don't know what to feel so it comes off angry. The world isn't fair."

"I know it." she promised, pulling back to hold his face. "I miss her, but I have you to remind me of her."

Austin nodded. "Me too."

"If we see someone, we just shoot them?" Michonne asked Glenn as Austin and Maggie caught up to them.

"It's a good question." the Greene woman stated as she clutched her gun.

"What if they're someone like us?" Michonne pointed out.

"Yeah, and what if they're not?" Austin matched her tone.

"What if Aaron's telling the truth?" she looked at him.

"Or what if he's not?" be repeated.

"But, what if he is?" Michonne inhaled. "What if they're someone who has nothing to do with this?"

"We're six people walking with guns." Glenn pointed out as Abraham and Rosita trailed a little before the four. "No one's coming up to say hello."

"Good. Your boy would blow their head off." Rosita mocked from the front.