xiv. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

"Yeah! There you go, man!" Austin cheered on Hershel when he pulled himself up, his voice echoing around the cell

"Just take your time." Lori spoke alongside him.

Hershel rushed to try and get up as Beth cut in. "Daddy, don't push yourself."

He gave a chuckle. "What else am I going go do? Can't stand looking up at the bottom of that bunk anymore."

"I know, it's a pretty ugly pattern." Austin looked under the bunk, Lori flashed him a look as she helped Hershel with his crutches.

"You know, I think i'm pretty steady." Hershel spoke after getting use to them, Austin rubbed Beth's back as they watched their parents. Hershel walked good, with ease at that.

"That's a good start." Lori stayed by his side. "Want to take a rest?"

"A rest?" he laughed. "Let's go for a little stroll."

Austin gave Beth a little grin. "Better then I was when I had crutches."

"What happened?" she looked at him in questioning as they walked out of the cell together.

"Popped my knee out of socket trying to run after a robot." he answered, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Bath gapped. "A robot?"

"For the robotics team." he nodded his head. "I was the captain."

"The captain of the robotics team?" Beth bit back a smile.

"Oh, yeah. You can imagine I was just the coolest dude around." Austin said sarcastically as they both laughed on sync. "You probably wouldn't have liked me as much as you do now."

"What? No way." Beth argued. "I would have totally liked the captain of the robotics team."

The group made it outside, all focused on making sure Hershel stayed up right now as he started to go down the steps. Austin was infront of him while Lori stayed by his side, as did Beth and Carl. He'd been doing good for the first time, stumbling slightly but having them their to steady him and encourage to take his time.

"You cleared all those bodies out?" Hershel asked as he got off the steps, walking much better and easier on his own now. "It's starting to look like a place we could really live in."

Austin flashed Beth a grin as Lori encouraged him to watch his step.

"All right, Hershel!" Glenn yelled from the fence.

"You're doing great, Daddy." Beth reassured him from his left side.

"Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl spoke up from next to Austin.

"Give me another day." the older man joked in rerun.

"Gotta stake up on his greens and protein powder first." Austin nodded his head in agreement. "Zero judgement from me."