xlviii. 𝐀𝐛𝐝𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚

"It's starting to look good in here

"It's starting to look good in here." Denise walked into the small house Aaron gave to Austin. It was suppose to be turned into a school, but they ended up using garages for that. Now, it was just a large bottom room with just a large room upstarts. A loft, he concluded. Spencer surprisingly was on board with Austin's plan, getting him some wood.

So far, with the help of Carl, Enid, Tara, and Rosita, they had build a bar that was high enough to have chairs at it, the shelves under it filled with glasses, while the book shelves behind him were staked with all the drinks. The tables weren't completely put together yet, but it was getting there. Austin looked up from the medical book he was studying, giving a half grin to Denise. "Want to be my first buyer?"

"I don't know, what do you have?" she hummed as he shut his book and stood up. "Any Pop?"

"Any who?" he frowned his eyebrows.

"Pop." she repeated, taking a second to identify the faint accent his words possessed. "Coke. Sorry, I meant coke."

"You are in lucky." he pulled a hot coke from under the counter. "Still in the process of trying to find a freezer so you're gonna get a hot coke and....rum?"

"Sounds good." she nodded, taking a seat. "When are you opening?"

"Gotta get the tables set up, find that freezer, get a name picked out, grab a few employees, and something for some music." he nodded, grabbing the mixing drink as he poured the coke in first. "But, Enid is willing to work with me good where I can work days with you, then nights here."

"I really appreciate you helping me. I have no clue what i'm doing and I know you have some experience." she explained, trying to not gap at the way he tossed around the cocktail shaker, behind his back and almost in a juggling motion. She had to laugh. "Look at you."

"Catch." he scared her by almost throwing the shaker at her, but keeping it in his hand with a grin when she winced. "Got you."

Denise watched him again as Austin grabbed a cup, pouring the drink as he held it over his head, but had a very steady and perfect stream into the cup. It was impressive, she could see the place doing well as long as he had been behind the counter. Austin exhaled as he ended the act off with a wipe to the edge. "First drink of the day, a rum and coke, for my fellow doctor in training."

"Thanks." Denise smiled as she took the drink. "Need me to sign anywhere?"

"Nah, we aren't even opened yet." he shrugged, flashing her a wink. "Go back to studying now, don't make me do all the work."

"Got it." she called, standing up. "I'll bring this back!"

"Yup!" he called, hoping up on the bar, the recently laid table tops strong enough as he laid back, flipping through the surgery book again.

Nearly an hour had gone by and Austin was soaking up the smell of the scented candle him and Enid had found on their run. It was by his head as he studied the different forms of birth, knowing it was likely someone would get pregnant again along the way. The door opening caught his attention, staring face to face with someone he hadn't known.