xii. 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬

"Stay close, Austin!" Rick yelled at him the next morning as a small group circled together to kill as many walkers as they could

"Stay close, Austin!" Rick yelled at him the next morning as a small group circled together to kill as many walkers as they could. The rest bearing the the fence to try and distract them.

"Get tight! Get tight!" Austin called as he stabbed a walker, the group all staying close again. Austin grabbed one of the walkers, stabbing it in the head before ducking down, spinning around to stab the one behind him.

"Don't break rank!" Rick yelled out.

"We need that!" T-Dog called, grabbing the guard shield and hitting the walker. Maggie ran over and stabbed it. Austin grabbed her to pull her into the group again.

"Almost there." Rick promised as the group stumbled together. He pushed a door open, looking past the corner and going against the wall. "Shit."

"A lot?" Austin whispered, looking past his dad. Four guards were coming their way, Daryl's arrows doing nothing when he hit the plastic before their eyes. Austin shoved past Rick, falling onto his knees, ignoring the shout he got as he managed to get under the plastic from how he'd been on his knees, stabbing the walker. "You gotta go under!"

They followed his advice, killing the four as well as the one that stumbled after them. Rick called out for Daryl, going for the gate. Austin sliced two walkers across the neck, making the path clearer for the pair. They pulled it shut, locking it quickly. Rick nodded to Austin. "Good work."

He nodded back, holding back a smile before they looked and saw Maggie, Glenn, and T-Dog fighting off a few more guards. Maggie took Austin's tactic by going under, killing it. "See that?"

Glenn pushed the next ones head back, T-Dog stabbing it. Austin kicked his final one in the gut, his knife stabbing into its neck before the head. They all were going back before Rick called. "Stop!"

"It looks secure." Glenn turned to looked oddly.

"Not from the look of that courtyard over there." Daryl spoke as he pointed toward the right, then to the dead walker. "And that's a civilian."

"So the interiors could be overrun with walkers from outside the prison." T-Dog confirmed with a sigh.

"Damn it!" Austin huffed.

"Watch it." Rick warned him.

"If there's walls down, what are we gonna do?" Glenn spoke up as he looked around. "We can't rebuild this whole place."

"We can't risk a blind spot." Rick looked around. "We have to push in."

Austin looked toward the fence, seeing the rest of the group. He gave his best forced smile, a wave of his hand their way before following his dad.

Daryl grabbed the door as they all got prepared, expecting an attack. He pulled the door, only having them met with bars. Rick walked in first, pushing it as it echoed. Austin looked around. "Not how I imagined i'd see prison for the first time."