LXI. 𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE—
we have a ladies man on our hands, ladies and gentlemen.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER SIXTY ONE—we have a ladies man on our hands, ladies and gentlemen

Austin didn't wait for Rositas answer before he opened the door.

"Jesus." she gave him a look of disbelief. "You could have waited."

"Sorry." he reddened in the face and nodded. "I was just going to the Hilltop. To check on Maggie. With Negan not coming back or a week, I don't think it'd be too suspicious now."

"Okay?" Rosita crossed her arms, standing in her bare house as did everyone else after the saviors raid. "What? Need me to do your shift?"

"No." he got defensive, but not in a negative way, more so just shocked she'd think he'd ask that. "I wanted to see if you wanted to come with me? To see Abrahams grave?"

"No, I don't." she snapped with her head down.

"Okay." Austin didn't want to give her even more of a reason to lash out, especially not at him. "Rosita?"

"What?" he didn't mind her snapping at him, it's how she was even before. Austin and Rosita didn't talk much, but he could remember the time he wondered away during Beth's dead and she grabbed him by the ear to pull him back. It was the first real aggression and straight forward he'd gotten, the first person that didn't treat him like he was glass. At the time, it probably made a really big difference considering he spoke for the first time that night to Glenn.

Austin shut the door and gave her a look. "It's not the same, because you guys were together longer. But, I do get what you are feeling. After Beth... it was a lot. And I was sad, and then I was angry. And now with Glenn, it's like that all over again."

Apart of her wanted to smack him, the other wanted to confide. "You aren't wondering around like a headless chicken this time, that's for sure."

"True." he had to crack a grin, he saw one barley start to form on her face. "I know how to handle it better this time. Plus, the kids."

"You taking them with you?" Rosita nodded, he did it back. "Well, I don't wanna go. But, thanks for offering."

"Mhm." he glanced out the window. "If you wanna talk-"

"Yeah." she cut him off, nodding. "I will."

Austin left after that, getting into the car near the fence where the kids waited. Levi sat in the front with him while Natalie and Luke were strapped in the back. "We ready?"

"Will you teach me how to drive?" Natalie asked as Spencer opened up the fence for him, getting a forced nod.

"Can you even reach the petals?" he rose his eyebrows and took a turn.

"Is it true a bunch of babies are at The Hiltop?" Luke looked out the window and tried to count every tree they passed, he gave up after six. "Did the Storks bring them? I haven't even seen a Stork this whole time."