CHAPTER 7

Sam found Bridgette on the outside of Amelia's office. Nakangiti ito and Sam furrowed her eyebrows.

Mukhang narinig nito ang sinabi sa kanya ni Amelia pero nakangiti pa ito? Is it amusing?

"Did she intimidate you? She did that do me noong una akong nag trabaho dito. But rest assured that Amelia is a good person." Tumalikod si Bridgette at muling nag lakad pabalik sa hallway na dinaanan nila kanina.

Sam followed the pregnant woman. She shook her head. Amelia is a good person?

The woman clearly had a motive for accepting her father's end of the bargain. Sa totoo lang ay mas lugi ang Dad niya sa deal na iyon. Amelia had gained so much from it. For all Sam know. Amelia is cooking something that she can't quite put a finger on.

"Hindi ka naniniwala sa sinabi ko no?" Bridgette glanced at her.

Sam winced. She felt bad for Bridgette but she can't quite agree to it. Pero hindi naman niya maiwasang hindi maniwala sa sinabi nito. She knew that Amelia must have treated other people differently depending on who she was dealing with.

In her case, it was with hostility dahil alam na ni Amelia ang lahat yet chooses to still mentor her.

"Sa una lang naman siya ganyan but if you became close with her. You'll know that she has a caring heart. Minsan nga lang sa sobrang caring niya. She gets hurt but do it again."

Sam lowered her eyes. She knew what Bridgette was talking about. But even if she felt guilty about it. Christian had been kind to her too. And she can see why Christian had been seeking love elsewhere. Siya nga ay na-i-intimidate kay Amelia Montenegro.

The woman is so confident and so sure of herself that it was hard to keep up with her even if Sam thinks that she was a man.

Bridgette shook her head. Mukhang napapansin na nitong hindi siya mag sasalita tungkol sa babaeng naiwan sa office nito. She gets irritated everytime that name pops out in someone's mouth and praising.

"Anyway. You'll be working inside Boss's office."

"What?" Sam opened her mouth in surprise her eyes widens. "Did she ever do that to you?"

Umiling si Bridgette. "No. But she will be mentoring you so she asked for the maintenance to put your office inside her office. Don't you think that's wise?"

Hindi siya makakibo sa sinabi nito dahil totoo namang it was a wise move from Amelia. Kesa naman lagi siya nitong tawagin sa tuwing may ituturo ito sa kanya.

Sam couldn't look in Bridgette's eyes when the latter looked at her with a teasing smile. Mukhang alam na nito ang tumatakbo sa isip niya sa hindi niya pag kibong iyon.

Sam sighed. So she has to endure looking at that poker face and grumpy face all day? Not even a single glance at others outside of work?

---

Sam is reading the document's Bridgette gave her. May mga nakasulat doon kung anong dapat niyang gawin sa umaga. Unang una sa listahan ay ang pag bili ng dyaryo sa umaga at mag hanap ng black coffee para kay Amelia. But Bridgette all ready did that early in the morning noon una siyang pumasok kaninang umaga.

There was nothing left for her to do but reviewed Amelia's schedule for the day. And at lunch time she was eager to get out and buy herself a ramen. Pero bago iyon ay kailangan niya munang bilhan din ng lunch ang amo niyang masungit.

The only lunch Amelia wants is a cheeseburger and sundae from a fast food. Napaka-common ng gusto nito. Bridgette wrote that Amelia will make her buy a cheeseburger for lunch when she was stressed and will eat proper food when out with lunch meetings or if she wasn't stressed. And it was odd for Sam because why would Bridgette emphasize that?