CHAPTER 86

"Cha, ready ka na?"

"Yeah." Her best friend flipped her hair.

Sam shook her head smiling. After that incident, Amelia was so angry at her that she had some quiet time alone. Outside of the kulambo tuloy siya. But she missed her girlfriend. Hindi talaga ito kumporme sa plano nila ni Cha. But she wanted to do this once and for all. Ayaw niya lang magkaroon ng power struggle sa kumpanya balang araw. She wanted to prevent it if possible.

Napahilot siya sa sentido niya nang maalala ang away nila. Yes, sometimes they fought but they made sure not to get angry at each other. But this time they had a misunderstanding that Amelia couldn't quite agree with.

Hindi niya alam kung paano niya ito susuyuin mamaya but she would definitely make it up to Amelia. Sana ay maintindihan nito ang gagawin niya.

"Well. Kamusta ang girlfriend mo? Pumayag ba sa desisyon mo?"

Sam shook her head. Napangiwi siya nang maalala na muntik nang lumipad sa mukha niya ang pambahay nitong tsinelas. Mabuti na lang at hindi pa din nito tinuloy.

Nanginginig ang kamay na ibinaba nito ang hawak na tsinelas. "Samantha! How many times would I tell you that I'm not going to agree with your methods? Paano kung mapahamak ka? I-I wouldn't be there."

She bit her lip nang makitang napangiwi na ito at humawak pa sa tiyan. Dali dali siyang pumunta dito at inagaw ang hawak hawak nitong tsinelas. She lowered it down on the floor and caressed Amelia's hands.

Hindi niya akalain na ganito ang magiging reaksiyon nito sa plano nila ni Cha. But since her girlfriend is pregnant. She doesn't want Amelia to be stressed. "I-I'm sorry, Amelia. It's ok. H-Hindi na. Hindi ko na itutuloy ang plano. Huwag ka nang mag alala."

Amelia held her hands tighter. "Ayaw kong mapahamak ka. So please, be careful. Those moles in the company won't bother rising again. If their leader is caught. Tutulungan ka namin ni Cha. So please, let the police handle it."

She nodded her head, but still in the back of her mind their plan would set in motion dahil parehas sila ng iniisip ni Cha. It won't stop with the leader. The problem has to be taken by the roots.

"My father told me the same thing. It's better to take out the trash altogether or the house would smell bad."

Sam sighed. "I know. Pero ayaw kong ma stress ang baby namin at si Amelia. You know how sensitive her pregnancy is."

Napasuklay siya sa buhok niya. If it was really up to Amelia. Hindi niya n asana itutuloy ang plano niya but this is the only way and her father would be happy in heaven kung magagawa niya ito.

Naikuyom niya ang kamay niya nang maalala ang Dad niya. Her Dad feared that what he built up so far would be gone. Ang isang bagay na ipapamana nito sa kanya. She couldn't take that risk with the child she would raise with Amelia. Ayaw niyang maagawan ang mga anak niya ng posisyon na para talaga sa mga ito. She will make sure that they'll be thriving as long as she lives.

"You made sure that everything is set in motion?" Sam looked sideways at her best friend nang papasok na sila sa board room.

She gathered all the board members in one room, including the Vice-President. This meeting will be the final straw that would bring their act altogether. Kaya dapat lahat ng mga kasama sa board of directors ay andun.

"Yes. Just like what you told me. They are gathered inside. Especially the Vice-President. He doesn't look pleased nang malaman na bumalik ka na. He would be handing back the Presidency to the real owner of the Del Rio Empire." Cha turned to her and smiled. "His nostril flared so much I'm afraid he'll suck me in."

Sa sinabi nito ay natigilan sila at parehas na natawa.

"He would be flaring that nostril in prison soon."

Cha chuckled and turned the knob of the meeting room. "Shall we show him the way?"

Sam shook her head but she nodded anyway. Mag babayad ito sa pag tangka nito sa buhay niya at sa Dad niya. Her father was sent early to his grave dahil sa ginawa ng mga ito. Wala siyang papaligtasin kahit isa.

"Let's show him."

Cha pushed the door open and Sam walked in with her head held high. She briefly looked at the sides of the board members looked at her. And she was right, they are looking at her like they had seen a ghost but the Vice-President's reaction is different. His nostrils are flaring hard and his eyebrows are scrunched together.

Hindi niya tuloy maiwasang umangat ang gilid ng labi niya nang titigan ito. He wanted so much for her to just disappear and die but her she is again in front of him. He must be livid now that she was alive and well. Hindi nag tagumpay ang inupahan nito na mapatay siya.

She took her position in front of an aisle and cleared her throat. "Good morning everyone. I want to thank first Charity De Dios for taking care of the company abroad."

She shifted her eyes to the Vice-President and smiled mockingly. "And of course our very own Vice-President, Mr Alan Hermano. The two of them managed to take care of the company without me. So I guess when I'm gone they will take good care of the company."

Nakita niya ang pagbaga ng mga mata ng matanda sa kanya bago ito ngumiti at bahagyang iniyuko ang ulo nito. Sumabog naman ang palakpakan sa loob ng meeting room. The others are totally oblivious to the Vice-President's mood. But she can already see other board members had a sour look on their faces. As expected, some of them are in favor of the Vice-President.

Show your true colours damn it. Sam gritted her teeth.

"Now that I'm back. I'll be managing the company from here on out---"

"How about the company abroad? Any findings there?" One of the board members raised his hands and asked.

Cha nodded at her. It was a cue to reveal what they found out.

Sam looked at the man straight in the eyes and smiled. Akala niya ay walang mag tatanong ng bagay na iyon. She looked briefly at the reaction of the Vice-President. He was tense and nervous. Halata sa mukha nito at sa pawis na namuo sa gilid ng leeg at mukha nito. Ilang beses din ata nitong pinunasan ang mukha at leeg nito nang marinig ang tanong na iyon ng isa sa mga board members.

She was about to open her mouth to answer when the door suddenly opened. A man with a cap on drew his gun to his side and shot Cha in the chest. Agad na bumagsak ang kaibigan nya sa sahig with her eyes open. Sam looked at the assailant and before she could move he shot her two times in the chest too.

The bullet hit her upper chest and she winced when the pain hit her.

Damn it......Masakit pala mabaril.

She closed her eyes and fell to the floor gripping her chest. 

-------------------------

A/N: Next week ko na lang po i-p-post ang next chapter. ^^ Merry Christmas.