CHAPTER 10

Ipinilig ni Amelia ang ulo niya.

She was on her bed and looking at the tweety bird pajama she has on. Vaguely remembering how and when she dressed.

Everything it stands for is now shattered. Hindi niya maatim na titigan ang damit na iyon but Sam made her wear it again despite her protests last night.

"Here. I found a cute pajama."

Amelia's eyes immediately flashed red when she saw what Sam brought back from her closet.

Sam dangled the pajama right in front of her eyes and all sorts of memories flashed inside Amelia's mind. She thought she had that cursed pajama locked away somewhere? Or she wants to still use it subconsciously? Either way, she recoiled away from it as if burned.

Pumintig ang sentido niya. She wants to lashed out but she was too dizzy to argue and tease Samantha anymore. Gusto niya na lang na matapos lahat.

She'll deal with this brat in the morning. For now, she'll just set aside the painful memory she has of the pajama. Or how Christian didn't appreciate how much she was trying.

Sa naisip ay nag tubig ang mga mata niya. But she blinked it away.

Padabog na kinuha niya iyon dito.

She heard Sam laugh. "Does it go against your nature to wear such a thing?"

Amelia bit her lip and didn't utter any word. Kung akala nito ay ito lang ang matigas ang ulo well nag kakamali ito. She could also be stubborn when she wants to.

"It's actually cute. I don't know that you have a cute side to you."

And for the first time. Sam smiled genuinely at her. Amelia blinked a few times and she looked away. She never thought that she'll get the response she wants from Christian from a stranger much less his mistress.

The corner of Amelia's lips curled upward. Sam cared for her last night in the most unexpected ways kahit na medyo bitchy pa din ang pakikitungo nito.

Where is that brat?

Inilibot ni Amelia ang tingin sa buong paligid. Sam ask her where her room is. Hinatid pa nga siya nito but she can't find where the brat had gone off to. Umuwi na din ba ito?

She can understand that Sam choose to go because it's still a working day and if she's not really in a bad place last night. She'll still work early. Earlier than 8 am.

Sa naisip ay bumagsak ang balikat ni Amelia. Everyone leaves her.

"Good morning, boss. What do you want for breakfast?"

Amelia opened her mouth when she saw Sam on her door. May hawak hawak itong sandok sa kamay at nakasuot dito ang apron na binili nila ni Christian noon nung bagong kasal sila. It hasn't been worn ever since that day.

Hindi niya tuloy alam kung anong magiging reaksiyon. The fact that Sam is still here. Or the fact that she was using that apron? And she also cooked?

"I made American breakfast. Hotdogs, bacon, eggs and pancakes. Or you prefer to have a Korean breakfast?"

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Is there such a thing as Korean breakfast?"

Sam chuckled. "I'm just kidding I don't know how to cook that. Kumain ka na lang kung anong gusto mong kainin sa mga niluto ko boss."

Then before Amelia could answer. Umalis na ito sa pintuan and she heard Sam's footsteps retreat away from her.

Amelia sighed and got out of her bed. Nag exercise muna siya ng ilang minuto bago siya bumaba. Carefully making her way towards the kitchen.

Sumandal siya sa gilid ng pinto when she saw Sam preparing the food on the counter. Ang sinop nito sa kusina. Sa tuwing gagawa ito ng kalat ay mabilis nitong pinupunasan iyon. Hindi niya akalain na marunong pala itong mag luto. Despite the fact that Sam looked like a brat who party too much and doesn't know anything.

"You know I can sense your presence, boss. Kung gutom ka na. Dig in."

Binuhat nito ang mga pinggan papunta sa lamesa. Amelia didn't say anything. Pumunta lang siya sa lamesa at naupo.

She looked at the food Sam cooked. It wasn't burnt. Mukhang tamang tama lang.

"Have you prepared this for my husband before?"

Natigilan ito sa pag subo. Then Sam slowly put the fork down and sighed.

"Boss. If you don't like my presence here. I'll go. You don't have to be so mean."

Amelia felt a prick inside her heart. Tama ito. She doesn't have to be mean pero her inner curiosity took a hold of her. Gusto niyang malaman if Sam also does these kinds of duties to Christian. She wants to know so badly.

"Sam. It's out of curiosity. I am asking you this. But if you are still his kept woman even though I sent him away. That says a lot."

Tinitigan niya ito pagkatapos niyang sabihin iyon. It was hard for her to say that but she has to. Hindi niya alam kung saan sila aabutin ni Sam ng confrontations na ito but she knew that she wouldn't get answers.

From what Amelia observed from Sam. The younger woman is stubborn as hell. Much the same as she was when she was younger.

Sam sighed. "I don't. This is the first time I had done something like this."

Amelia followed Sam's movement when the latter stood up.

"I'll go."

Amelia didn't look at Sam when she moved the chair and walked out.

Itinaas ni Amelia ang noo niya. She hurt Sam. She should feel vindicated but why is heart aching so badly? Tila nilamukos na papel ang naramdaman niya nang tuluyan na ngang lumabas sa pintuan si Sam.

Tears fell from Amelia's eyes.

Its frustrating. Christian had been everything for her pero binalewala nito ang lahat. He was playing with woman from left to right when they lost their child. Hanggang ngayon. Hindi pa rin siya nito mapatawad sa nangyari.

"It was all your fault!" Christian pointed his fingers at her. "Sa sobrang busy mo sa trabaho. You ignored all the signs and now we lost her!"

Amelia could do nothing but cry. Her shoulder is shaking and she can't stop the sob from escaping from her mouth. If Christian thinks that it wasn't painful for her. Nagkakamali ito. Para siyang malalgutan ng hininga sa nangyari.

She was blaming herself too. If only she could go back and rewind the time.

She wouldn't keep working despite the pain she was feeling.

"I-I'm sorry, Christian... I'm so sorry..."

Christian looked at her with rage. "I am waiting for our child. Sana hindi ka naging makasarili. You could have spared us from the pain."

Pagkasabi nun. Christian left her inside her hospital room.

Amelia can do nothing but look on as Christian's figure disappeared from the doorway.

Amelia's eyes watered again nang maalala ang nangyari. It was too much to bear. Hindi siya makahinga ng maayos sa sobrang iyak. Isinubsob niya ang ulo sa lamesa and kept crying.

All the painful memories kept on coming back to her. Ayaw niya nang maalala but it was a constant repeat inside her mind that it will play out like it was just yesterday.

No... Amelia shook her head. Don't go back there.