[Stones Break Bones, Words Break Hearts] Freddy x reader

@I_can_help requested:
Hey!!!! Can you do one of Freddy and Y/N getting into an arguments and Y/N saying some.....interesting things about Freddy's disability and hurting his feelings????
Sorry if this is a lot haha just really want it
Thx love have a great day!

[angst to fluff]

You don't know how it got this far.

It was just a regular weekend day, you went to Freddy's house and started playing video games with him. Then, one thing lead to another, and you two were in an argument.

"Freddy, I really think you should tell your parents about the Breyer brothers. They can't keep hurting you like this!" You exclaimed.

The argument started because you noticed the dark bruises on Freddy's arm. It just angered you that he wouldn't talk to anyone, he expects you to keep saving him. You would totally love to save Freddy, but you're not that strong either, so you just get beat up in the process.

"Y/n, just give it a break, seriously. You don't think I've tried that? The bullying just gets worse, and the teachers don't care." Freddy sighed, obviously not wanting to talk about this.

"Freddy, I really care about you, I don't want you to keep getting hurt like this." You said honestly, but Freddy didn't seem to be listening. "No, no! You don't understand! I can't do anything because of my stupid limp! You could never ever understand how hard my life is." Freddy took a deep breath before continuing. "You have a perfect life and a perfect.. everything!"

Your eyebrows furrowed. "How dare you, just because I don't have a limp and I'm not a foster kid, doesn't mean I don't have a hard life! You have no idea Freeman." You growled, making Freddy scoff.

You stood up from the bed. "You know what? I'm not taking your bullshit anymore. You always act like everything is about you and your stupid limp! It's not my fault that you get bullied, it's not my fault you have a limp! Wake up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you!" You stormed out, already regretting the venomous words you spewed.

But you let your anger get the best of you, and you really, really hurt Freddy.

• • •

You rubbed your temples, the massive migraine in your head not dissipating.

You've had this migraine since you fought with Freddy. Maybe it was because of all the tears you shed, maybe it was the guilt of your words weighing down on you. It was most definitely all of the above.

The words you said to Freddy repeated over and over again throughout your head. You never meant to say any of that, you just wanted to get your point across.

You know teachers don't really help with bullies, but at least Freddy could talk to his parents about it. He needs some comfort..

And you did the exact opposite of that.

You stared down at your hand, before hitting yourself on the forehead.

"Idiot.."

• • •

Freddy kept looking to his phone, hoping to see an apology text. Or really, any text or call from you.

He knew at first you were really just trying to help, but when he snapped, the words you said... it really affected him. It affected him enough that his grades were slipping and he couldn't sleep.

You, his friend, his crush, made him feel like shit.

But with more thought, he did realize how he wasn't listening at all to you. Freddy also shouldn't have assumed anything about your life, everyone has a hard life in one way or another.

Freddy sighed, he stopped writing in his diary. He rubbed his eye.

"I'm such an asshole.."

• • •

It's only been a week, yet, it feels like months since you two have seen each other.

You avoid each other at school, you don't text each other morning memes anymore, everything felt.. different.

Freddy's family definitely took a notice in Freddy's depressed behavior. Pedro explained to the others that he heard you guys fight, and Mary said she saw you storming out of the house a week ago.

It seemed you both weren't going to approach each other, so, Freddy's family got an idea.

It's actually really simple, Pedro texts you to meet him on the school rooftop to help him with math, and Mary texts Freddy to come to the same location because she wants to show him her new telescope.

You and Freddy agreed, seeing nothing suspicious about it. You both throw on your jackets and separately make your way to the school rooftop.

You were the first one there, because Freddy is slower, so you wait patiently.

You heard the door behind you creak open, so you stood up and turned around, expecting to see Pedro.

"Yo Pedro-"

You stopped, your eyes widening and so do Freddy's.

Freddy was the one at the door, and he held the door open while staring at you. After a while of staring, you bursted into laughter.

Freddy wasn't sure why, but he did too. He can't help it, your laughs are contagious.

"I-I can't believe they did this!" You snorted. "What?" Freddy questioned through laughs. "P-Pedro! They planned for us to meet! Th-This is so cliché!" You explained through laughs, and Freddy finally realized, laughing even harder then before.

You both soon quieted down, and the awkwardness sets in as you stare at each other.

Oh how Freddy missed your cute laugh.

Freddy closed the door behind him and limped to you slowly, your smile fading away and your eyes turning remorseful.

"Freddy.. I'm-"

"I'm sorry."

Freddy cut you off, your eyes widening again. "What? Why?" You questioned. "I'm sorry for snapping at you, I know you only wanted to help." Freddy said, looking to the floor.

"No, Freddy, no. It's not your fault, I'm sorry. You've probably heard a lot of people saying that you should just tell your parents, even though you already know it won't help." You sigh. "And I shouldn't have said any of those things about you and your.. limp. It's not your fault either that you get bullied and have a limp." You finished, now you looking away from Freddy in shame.

Freddy stared at you, then gulped.

"I just snapped, we both did. I'm willing to forgive you if you are willing to forgive me." Freddy suggested. You met his eyes, and you smiled.

Instead of saying yes, you pulled Freddy into a hug, burying your face in his neck. You smelled that familiar smell, the smell of brownies, because of how much Mary and Darla make brownies in his household.

"If we have a fight again, can we please make up? I can't live without you." You admitted, making Freddy's heart speed up. Freddy smiled, resting his chin on the top of your head.

"Of course. I can't live without you too."