[The Sound of Heaven] Freddy x insecure reader

@SimpingCurrently requested:
I have a request maybe and this reminded me of it. Maybe y/n is insecure about her smile and laugh? And like covers her mouth when she giggled or yawns? And Freddy talks to her about it?

[fluff/comfort]

No one really made fun of your smile. Maybe one person, but that's it.

It kind of just happened when you were brushing your teeth, and you decided to make different faces, seeing how you look. And when you smiled, oh god.

You immediately frowned, why did your mouth look like that? Your eyes wrinkle up, and all of your teeth are showing. Have you really been smiling like that? Why didn't anyone tell you how weird it looked?

After that, you just started to unconsciously start to cover your mouth whenever you laugh, or smile even. You would either hide your mouth in your arm, in a pillow if there was one around, or your hand.

Of course, your boyfriend totally noticed the new way you started to laugh. He is a people watcher, especially for you, he makes sure you're alway content and comfortable.

And the thing is, he loves your smile and laugh, especially when he makes you laugh. It's just so angelic for him, like a sound from heaven, it was your own laugh and he absolutely adored it.

Yes, even if you snort a little, or your teeth are a little bucked out. It's your smile, and that's enough to make Freddy sleepless at night, thinking about how you laughed at a stupid joke of his.

So, yes, he has noticed you've been covering it up, muffling the sound of your laugh, cover your big smile up, even if you don't realize it. Freddy did some research, and he found out it could be a subconscious thing, mostly for people insecure about their smile or laugh.

Freddy already knew that, but he wanted clarification.

When you two were sitting on his bed, and Freddy made another really stupid joke, your hand immediately went to your mouth.

Freddy remembered what he had learned earlier, and he cleared his throat. "Hey, uh.. could I talk to you about something?" Freddy questioned when your laughing died down, and your hand was not on your mouth anymore.

"Of course." You smiled a bit, but immediately frowned, as if catching yourself doing it.

"Well.. please, don't get offended or anything, I'm just, looking out for your well being." Freddy grasped onto your hand, and you looked at Freddy with a confused expression, silently priding him to continue.

Freddy paused, trying to think of the right words.

"Do you like your smile?" Freddy finally blurted out.

You stare at him, like you've seen a ghost, but you blink and the expression was gone. "Why?" You questioned, instead of denying it. "I've just been noticing that you cover your mouth a lot, and I looked it up and people tend to cover their mouths when laughing, or yawning, sometimes smiling means they are insecure about it." Freddy finished his short ramble, and you bit your bottom lip.

You kept silent, which was worrying Freddy, and you could tell. You sighed, giving in. "I'm sorry, for worrying you. And I'm not going to deny it, I hate my smile." You didn't mean to be that honest, but it was hard not to say it.

Freddy, on the other hand, was frozen. Just the thought of you hating it, it was impossible, unbelievable, insane! Sure, people have their own insecurities, but you hate your smile? Your smile?

"That can't be true." Freddy said, making you look away. "I know I know, people say it all the time, "oh you don't have a bad smile, it's your smile and that makes it special". I get that, I do. But I don't feel it. Whenever I look in the mirror, I just don't feel anything besides hate." You ranted, a bit too much than you wanted it to be, because tears were about to fall out of your eyes.

Freddy felt pure heartbreak. You have a gorgeous smile, and you think the complete opposite? To the point of hate? You are too beautiful to be thinking such bad thoughts about yourself.

"Look at me." Freddy demanded, you hesitated. "Look. At me." Freddy demanded again, sounding really serious. So you did, you looked at him, and he cupped your cheeks lightly, getting really close to you.

"Smile." Freddy pleaded, you furrowed your eyebrows. "No-"

"Please, smile. I want to see it. Your real one." Freddy said, and you kept eye contact with him, gulping a bit. "Please." Freddy whimpered like a lost puppy, and you couldn't say no any longer.

You took in a deep breath, trying to think of something funny as you smile. "That's not your real one." Freddy stated, making you pout.

But after a couple more tries, there it was, your genuine smile. It always made Freddy smile, even if you were forcing it a bit.

Freddy immediately pulled you into a kiss, feeling your smile against his lips. Freddy pulled away. "I don't think it looks bad at all. I know you don't think so, but I'm just letting you know, I really do believe that you have an amazing smile. It always lifts my mood, it always gives me closure, and most importantly.." Freddy held both of your hands, resting his forehead on yours as he kept eye contact.

"It gives me strength. Strength to keep going." Freddy smiled a bit, as you continued to stare at him with shock.

You've never heard anyone say anything close to that about your smile, and it was unlike Freddy to be acting so dominant. It was as if he was telling you the truth, and you believed it.

You've never heard anyone say anything like that about your smile, so of course, the water works kicked in. Freddy's joyful face turned into panic.

"Oh god I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have been saying whatever came to my head like that, that was stupid. Please don't cry..." Freddy tried to wipe away your tears with his thumbs, but they kept coming out.

You smashed your face against Freddy's chest, hugging him. "Tha-That was the m-most beautiful thing any-anyone one has ev-ever said to me.." you sniffled, and Freddy gently held you.

"I meant every word of it. Don't forget that." Freddy kissed the top of your head.

The both of you knew right now, that you might be smiling more often.