[Tired] Insomniac Freddy x reader

@SimpingCurrently requested:
How about Reader x Freddy but Freddy has insomnia? I have insomnia and I like to read when I can't sleep so I feel like this one would be good!

a/n: I hope this was good, I did a lot of researching about insomnia since I don't have it, but I'm not sure if I fully got it right, hope you enjoy it though!

[fluff/comfort]

Freddy groaned, tossing and turning in his bed. Usually, when his insomnia kicks in, he watches YouTube videos all night until it's morning, or until he miraculously falls asleep.

But tonight, he just wanted to sleep, that's all he wanted. He had a pounding headache and his whole body was tired, it almost made him want to scream and that would somehow help him.

Instead, he got out of bed, grabbed his crutch and went downstairs. Maybe a glass of water could help him, maybe a quick shower?

Freddy wasn't sure yet, he just walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup. He filled it up all the way, chugging it down. He set it on the marble counter, resting his tired body on a chair.

He thought his insomnia was getting better, but Freddy is an over thinker. When he tries to go to sleep, a million things run through his head, like a race horse. And including what the Breyer's said to him today really made himself fall into a rabbit hole.

He was thinking about how bad he looks and how useless he is.

Freddy's just tired, he just wants to sleep, not have to get up in the morning for school, not anything.

Freddy hid his face in his hands, groaning loudly to himself.

Why can't he just sleep?

"Freddy?"

A voice made Freddy jerk his head up, and he saw you. You were in your pajamas, cutely rubbing your eye. You looked so tired.

He had forgotten you were here. Tonight there was a huge thunderstorm, along with really strong winds. You were hanging out with Freddy, and it was too dangerous for you or anyone to go outside. So you slept over, sharing a bed with Darla.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Freddy asked. You shook your head. "No, I was jus' using the bathroom an' than I heard you.. I wanted to see if you were okay." You explained sloppily, walking over and sitting next to Freddy.

You grabbed his hand, resting your head on his shoulder. "Tell me, what's on your mind?" You asked tiredly. "I uh, I can't sleep." Freddy explained. "I'm just feeling stressed about tomorrow. The Breyer's were saying stuff about how they're going to give me the worst wedgie possible or whatever, not to even mention the test... I was overthinking again, and I can't sleep." Freddy ranted.

You were barely awake yourself, but you still managed to keep your eyes open. You wrapped your arms around his waist, hiding your face in his neck.

Freddy loves how clingy you act when tired.

"How can I help?" You murmured into his neck. "I'm not sure.." Freddy admitted. He felt the warmth from your embrace, and his eyes were starting to get droopy. He thought of an idea, but it was a little embarrassing.

"Do you think.. you could sleep with me?" Freddy asked in a soft voice. You moved your head to face him, your sleepy eyes sparkling and a tired smile appeared on your face. "I would love to." You said.

Freddy smiled. "Okay. I'm just letting you know I might not be able to sleep, but it might just, help me mentally if someone is there." Freddy explained, getting up. You nodded, getting up with him and following him to his room.

Freddy quietly snuck you in without Billy noticing on the top bunk. You leapt into Freddy's bed as Freddy came on quieter. Once he sat on the bed, you pulled him into your embrace.

Freddy was sitting up slightly as your head rested on his lap. He softly pet your head, you humming in return. He chuckled, staring into your tired eyes.

"You know.. you can go to sleep." Freddy said. "No," you whined. "I can't leave you alone. I'm staying awake." You said. "Alright.." he shrugged, not fully convinced.

Only fifteen minutes passed, and you were out like a light. Freddy sighed, he knew you wouldn't be able to stay awake for long. He leaned back, kissing your temple while laying next to you. He glanced at the clock, seeing it was 3:05 am.

He sighed, inhaling your scent. Suddenly, his eyes started to fall shut. He smiled into your chest, happy he could finally get a shut-eye.

In your arms, he would be able to fall asleep anywhere, anytime.