[So Popular] Freddy x fem reader

SimpingCurrently requested:
So I was thinking, maybe the reader's homeschooled, and thinks Freddy is popular at his school. But one day she goes to walk him home from school and finds the Breyer brothers beating him up. So she
//obviously\\ sticks up for him and comforts him

[angst to fluff]

"Tell me again," you whispered to Freddy as you cuddled up beside him. "How was your day at school?"

Freddy gulped, petting your head gently. Flashbacks of the Breyer's flushing down his homework and giving him a suitcase wedgie crossed his mind. "Um, I had a good day. Hung out with friends and uh, just, school, you know?" Freddy laughed softly.

You didn't know he was lying, because you don't go to his school, or any school for that matter. You've been homeschooled ever since Covid started. You two had met before all of that though, only because your mom is friends with your mom.

You two started dating when he realized that you were the only girl that he's met that actually likes to be around him, that tolerates him. It was nice, that's why he's not telling you the truth about his school life. You don't think he's a loser, not yet at least.

"I'm glad you had a good day." You sigh, mumbling into his shirt. "Yeah, yeah.." Freddy sighed.

The next day Freddy went to school like usual, but when he walked out, he was greeted by the most hideous faces ever. "Oh, hey there Freakman." Burke greeted, grabbing Freddy by the collar. "Hey! You know, from afar you look nicer." Freddy said, earning him a punch to the gut.

The brothers pulled Freddy into the nearby alley. "Oh yeah? Well we'll fix your face too! Maybe some purple would do.." Brett laughed.

You on the other hand, wanted to surprise Freddy. You wanted to see his friends, and his life at school, just walk with him, Freddy would appreciate it, right?

So there you were, walking towards the school building. It was old and withered, but the kids outside made it feel alive. You walked faster, eager to see Freddy. Until you passed an alleyway.

You took a quick glance down it, just to make sure no robbers were out to get you. But instead you saw something way worse. You saw poor Freddy on the ground as too boys spilled his backpack out, all of his comics and homework flying out. Money came out as well, and the boys took it.

"Awe, thanks for the donation dork. It's hard being us sometimes." Brett said. "No kidding. Beating kids for a living? Must be real tough." Freddy said weakly. It hurt your heart to hear him so down. With that, one of them kicked Freddy in the gut, and the other his leg.

You didn't waste another second, you grabbed your pepper spray and marched towards the boys. "Hey! Stay away from him!" You shouted. All three boys looked at you, and Freddy's face went pale.

"Y/n, get out of here, it's fine— I'm fine." He said, but all you could see was red. "Is this your little girlfriend? How cute." Burke laughed. "Hey pretty little thing, what're you doing with Freddy anyway? Why don't we go out instead." Brett suggested.

You punched him in the gut, and doused the other one in pepper spray. You pointed the pepper spray to the other one. "Get the hell out of here if you know what's good for you!" You yelled. "Fucking Christ— c'mon Burke, let's get out of here." Brett dragged his crying brother out of the alleyway. You put the pepper spray away when you could no longer see or hear them.

You kneeled down to Freddy, examining him. He had a hand over his stomach, as if he was hurt there. It clicked in your head immediately. You would always question why Freddy would gain random bruises, and he would always shrug it off as him being clumsy. How could you be so stupid?

"Freddy.. why didn't you..." you took a deep breath. "Are you getting bullied? Is that what happened?" You asked. Freddy held his breath, before looking down in shame. "Yeah, cool huh? I'm not so popular after all." Freddy said. "I just, you were the first girl ever to not see me as a loser, a freak, an outcast. I just thought that if you never knew the truth, than it would stay that way, but," Freddy laughed bitterly, looking at his thrown backpack. "Guess that backfired."

"Freds.." you mumbled, trying to find the right words to say. "So you're saying that everything you told me, was a lie?" You questioned. "No— I mean... yeah. I don't have any friends, I get laughed at and bullied every hour, and my grades suck." Freddy sighed. He couldn't bring himself to look at your disappointed face, so you did.

You grabbed his cheek, slowly facing him towards you. "Freddy, I'm just sad you didn't tell me. But I still love you. And you're not a loser." You said firmly. "At least.. I don't think you are. And even if you are, so what? You're my loser, Freddy, and if you ever need anything, any help with math, fighting away your bullies.. I'm here, okay?" You finished.

Freddy wiped away the tears in his eyes, staring at you. "I'm your loser.." he smiled to himself. He launched himself into your arms, hugging you like tomorrow was the last day on earth.

"Now, let's get your stuff together, okay?" You said softly. "No, please.. just a little longer. I want your warmth." Freddy begged.

"Of course, Freds."