[Keep Up] Freddy x reader

@SimpingCurrently requested:
Yet another request: Freddy and Y/n like on a walk, and maybe Freddy's struggling to keep up?? Angst to fluff??? Ur rlly good at writing angst and I'm in an angst mood soooo

[angst to fluff]

"Wait up!"

You turn around to see Freddy limping towards you, and you smiled. "Sorry I didn't wait for you Freds, I was talking with Mary about some things." You explained, and Freddy glanced from Mary, to you.

"It's fine, just don't leave me in the dust again, alright?" Freddy tried to say it seriously, but he couldn't help the smile creep on his face.

"Anyways Mary, I'll talk to you later." You waved, walking to Freddy's side. "Sure, you two have fun." Mary winked at Freddy, before turning around.

"So, I was thinking that little trail that leads to the creek, and we can walk around there if you like." You suggested. "As long as there's no stairs, I'm in."

You and Freddy have been going on little evening walks together. Freddy wants to walk because he doesn't get enough exercise because of his leg, so it seems healthy to walk around a bit. And you have the same reasons, it's healthier to walk then to sit around all day.

So, that's why you two were walking on a little nature walk.

The thing is, today Billy wanted to join you two.

Freddy loves Billy, he's his best friend and brother, but, he can't help feel jealous whenever you hang out with another guy, especially one that is hotter and cooler than him.

Freddy didn't care that much, it's just a one time thing.

"No, way. Are you serious?" You questioned. "Yes, I know, it was a little rude, but my foster home before was hell. So, when I replaced the cucumbers with the pickles, my foster mom put it on her eyes to relax." Billy explained, and you bursted out laughing.

"Jesus Billy, what's wrong with you?" You asked in between laughs. "Nothing, I just seek vengeance." Billy said in a Batman voice, making you laugh harder.

Freddy, on the other hand, felt like the third wheel.
You and Billy seem to really like each other's company.

As the three of you continued to walk, Freddy noticed something. Slowly, but surely, you and Billy were starting to walk ahead of Freddy. Soon, you and Billy were at least seven feet ahead of Freddy.

Freddy tried to walk faster, with every muscle in his body to catch up with you two, but you guys were walking too fast. Freddy's eyes began to water, and he tried to blink them away, he's not going to cry over something so stupid.

And then, boom.

It happened so fast. Freddy was trying to catch up, but in doing so, he was going too fast and he had fallen onto the dirt path.

"Freddy!" You gasped, rushing to his side.

Freddy felt a blush of embarrassment and shame, this was so pathetic and worthless.

"I'm fine." Freddy groaned, trying to get up. You were right there to help him, but Freddy was angry at you, for forgetting about him, for leaving him behind.

You grab Freddy's arm, trying to help him up, but he yanked it away from you. "I'm not a child, I can do this myself." Freddy grumbled, struggling to stand up, but in the end he succeeded.

"Freddy, I think we should stop walking, we can head home if you need a break." You suggested.

"No, that's not the problem. I can leave, but you two should stay." Freddy said, and you looked at him with a confused expression. "You two seem to be hitting it off together, and you two walk faster and better than I ever could. So just walk without me, I know you don't want me here anyways." Freddy turned around, and started heading back to the start of the trail.

"Freddy.." you mumbled softly, then sighed. "Billy, why don't you go up and around, I need to talk with Freddy." You explained. "Sure. Good luck." Billy wished, and you thanked him.

You ran after Freddy, and stopped next to him.

"Go. Away. I can't run away from you, so please respect my wishes." Freddy said.

"I just want to talk. I didn't mean to walk ahead of you-" you try to explain, but Freddy stopped walking, making you stop.

"But you did." Freddy glared at you, making you bite your bottom lip and look down.

Freddy suddenly felt bad, you look so sad right now, he doesn't like making people sad. But a mean part of him wanted to run away leaving you heartbroken, but he's not that kind of person (and he can't run).

"Fine. We can talk, but if I want you to leave me alone than I suggest you respect that." Freddy said, and you immediately nodded. "Of course." You sighed, as if in relief, but Freddy wasn't sure.

"I'm really sorry Freddy, that was shitty of me to do. I shouldn't leave my friends in the dust, with a limp or without one. And I do want you here, even though I'm really bad at showing that.." you took in a deep breath. "You deserve to have the world Freddy, and I'm sorry I was being selfish." You finished, gulping as you studied Freddy's facial expressions.

Freddy stared at you, realizing, no matter what happens, he could never truly stay mad at you. Because, he loves you, but can you say the same for him?

"I'm.. I'm sorry too. I overreacted. I'm just mad at myself because I'll never be good enough for anyone, for you." Freddy said honestly, and you looked at him with such saddened eyes.

"Freddy, first off you didn't overreact, I would be mad too if you, or any of my others friends treated me like that. Second of all, why do you think you're not good enough?" You asked, stepping a little closer to Freddy.

"Isn't it obvious? I could talk all day about what's wrong with me, but to put it simply, you're just out of my league. You're so pretty, and sweet, and funny, and caring, you're really cool... you're just out of my league by a hundred miles-"

You didn't think this was the way you would kiss Freddy, but this seems like the perfect timing. Freddy was surprised, he almost fell backwards, but he didn't. You pulled away, staring at Freddy.

"Freddy, I really like you. You make me smile every day, when I'm feeling down you're there to cheer me up, when I have something to say you listen and talk to me. I'm awkward, and I can be annoying and weird too. But you like that about me, and that's what I like about you." You felt happy tears in your eyes as you saw Freddy's smile.

He also had happy tears in his eyes.

"Oh god, we're both crying." You laughed through tears, and they decided to finally roll down your cheek. "That's okay, it's my superpower." Freddy joked lightly.

"Shooting water out of your eyes? That's fucking awesome." You broke into a sob, and hugged Freddy.

You and Freddy stood there for a bit, embracing each other while happy crying.

You sniffled. "I'll never leave you in the dust Freddy, just trust me on this. Okay?"

"...okay."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/n: goddamn, gonna be late for school but who gives a shit, this was so fun to make