[Love in the Trash] Freddy x reader

[angst to fluff]

It stinks. Everything stinks. Life stinks, school stinks, people stink, the Breyer brothers stink. Oh yeah, and so did the dumpster Freddy was currently laying in.

Now, you as the reader must be wondering, how did he get in this stinking mess? It's pretty simple.

The Breyer brothers were picking on him, Freddy said something sarcastic and embarrassed them in front of a girl. Later when Freddy was walking home, they scooped him up from behind, throwing his crutch in the alleyway and was thrown into the large dumpster.

The garbage bags full of garbage was very uncomfortable to lay against. But Freddy couldn't get up. His leg was cramped in between two heavy garbage bags.

Oh how it hurt so much.

The brothers snickered as they stared down at the poor hopeless boy. "That's what you get, geek." Burke chuckled. "Yeah, you belong here, because all you are is a waist of space." Brett smiled at Freddy with that hideous smile of his, then, the Freddy's vision went black as they shut it.

"Guys?" Freddy called, pure panic in his voice. "Guys?! Hey! Hey!" He banged on the lid of the garbage, desperately trying to get their attention.

"Please! Let me out! I'll do anything! Please! Just..! Don't leave me here.." Freddy pleaded, tears gathering in his eyes.

The smell was getting unbearable. Freddy wiped his tears away. "Stupid tears.. stupid Breyer brothers..! Stupid limp!" Freddy shouted.

Freddy had given up hope. Is this where he is going to be all of his life? In the trash and filth? Why can't he just have friends? Why doesn't anybody like him? Why doesn't anybody help him?

"Uh, hello, strange shouting from the garbage?"

A voice broke Freddy's pity party, and he leaned against the dumpster. "Yes? Yes! I need help! I uh, got, stuck." Freddy explained sheepishly.

"Got stuck huh?" The voice said in amusement, but also a tinge of hesitation was in there. "How do I know you're not a murderer?" The voice asked.

"That's.. that's a good question.. I can't really prove it to you, but I swear- I'm just a high schooler that is limp. I got in here because some bullies threw me in." Freddy explained, a bit embarrassed, but he was hoping this voice would understand.

"Please I.." Freddy gulped. "I hate the dark."

There was silence from the outside world. Freddy had thought the person had walked away, not wanting to risk it.

But as his thoughts started to cloud his mind, lightness flooded the dumpster.

Freddy looked up to see... oh wow. There was an extremely cute person looking down at him in curiosity. You smiled at him. "So you weren't lying.. don't worry, I'll help." You confirmed, your face growing serious. "How can I help?" You asked.

"Uh, um, uh, oh," Freddy forgot how to use words, but he soon regained consciousness. "You could start with helping me get my leg out of here," Freddy pointed to his trapped leg. "On it." You said before Freddy rambled on.

You grabbed the heavy trash bag, heaving it up with all of your might until Freddy's leg was free. "Okay, um, could you help me out, somehow?" Freddy asked, wincing at the pain in his leg.

You nodded, grabbing his armpits and trying to heave him up. Unfortunately, he was too heavy for you to lift up. So, you jumped in.

Freddy was surprised you were going through such lengths to help him out. You didn't even know him!

You wrapped your arms around Freddy's waist, a bit shyly, and you looked at him with a determined look. "Okay, you're gonna have to help me out, okay?"

Before you let him answer, you were already lifting him up, and Freddy also lifted himself up. With loads of struggle, you helped him out of the dumpster all in all. You grabbed his crutch, handing it to him.

"Thanks." Freddy thanked. "No problem."

You both fell into an awkward silence. Usually Freddy breaks the tension, but, he was so stunned, and embarrassed.

Finally, you decided to break the ice. "So, why do you get bullied?" You asked. Maybe it was a bit insensitive, but you were curious.

"Isn't obvious?" Freddy questioned, looking at you with furrowed eyebrows. You had to look him up and down quickly to get what he meant. "Oh.." you nod, and Freddy awkwardly shifts his crutch a bit.

"God, people suck. That's all they bully you for? Just because you have a limp?"

Freddy inhaled a sharp breath. You just said what he's been thinking for years. "Yeah. Those guys are literally the worst. They even bully a kid who is basically blind. And they're older then us." Freddy explained.

You scoffed. "They obviously weren't raised right, but still, that gives them no right to bully anyone." You pointed out, and Freddy felt giddy inside. "Exactly! Exactly what I've been saying for years!" Freddy exclaimed, leaning in a bit in his excitement.

Freddy blushed as he looked at your wide eyes. You then bursted into laughter. "Sorry to laugh.." you say in between giggles. "But it's interesting to meet such a happy person like you, especially meeting such a happy person in the dumpster." You said.

Freddy cleared his throat nervously. "Yeah, didn't think I would meet such a pretty person in the dumpster either." It ran off of Freddy's tongue like silk. He didn't even try to stop himself mid sentence. He realized he let his mouth run again.

You blushed, but then smiled. "Thank you." You said a bit shyly, looking at the ground. Freddy smiled too.

"Anyway, what's your name?" You asked. "Freddy." Freddy stated simply. "Well, Freddy, if you give me your phone number, and after you take a shower.. maybe we could, go out, somewhere?" You asked slyly, looking at Freddy with cute puppy dog eyes.

"A date?!" Freddy shouted, a bit too loudly. You jumped, before bursting out into laughter again. "Yeah! Call it what you like." You laughed. "Uh, yeah, yeah. Of course, that sounds, so, amazing-" Freddy was so happy and excited, he didn't notice himself leaning forwards, falling right into your arms.

Freddy stared at you, you had caught him. Both of you were blushing as you stared at each other. Freddy felt like he should get up, but he couldn't, he could only stare into your eyes.

Freddy has contemplated all of his life about why he has limp. But right now, if he didn't have his limp, he would probably not ever meet you.

And so, Freddy might be grateful for his limp, at least a little bit.