[The Geeks] Freddy x geek reader

@1-800-fictional-simp requested
okok I was wondering like Angst that becomes friends? Maybe the reader broke their leg and is new to the school and goes up to Freddy not knowing his disability because they're also a geek and saw his Superman shirt but he assumes that it's cuz he is disabled they're going to with them but after the misunderstanding they become friends maybe more

[angst to fluff]

Ah how lovely. Not only did you break your leg, but you also had to go to school, a new school in fact. So first impressions will probably be, "disabled kid" or "broken leg kid".

You were in the stage of where you could use a crutch, and you didn't need to use a wheelchair. Which was a bit of an improvement. It did cause you more pain though, because you had to limp now instead of sitting most of the time.

So here you walked into school, kids whispering and staring at you. You felt embarrassed of course, but you weren't going to let them get to you. As much as you could anyways.

Though, you did notice one kid, a kid with a crutch, just like you. He didn't have a cast on, but you assumed he sprained his leg or something, since you've never met a disabled kid before. You didn't really notice him because of that though, you noticed him because of the Superman logo on his shirt.

You see, you're an actual geek for all different types of superheroes. You've never met someone more geeky than yourself. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, you really wanted to become the boy's friend.

So, you took the opportunity at lunch to try and become his friend. He was sitting all alone at a table, which was perfect for you to swoop in and talk to him.

You limped up to him, and you stopped in front of his table. He looked at you with a confused expression, before you cleared your throat. "Uh, hey, sorry. I was just wondering if you mind if I sit here?" You questioned. "Uh, sure." The boy agreed.

You sat your tray down first, before sitting down yourself. "I like your shirt." You complimented. "My shirt— this shirt?" He pointed to it. You giggled. "Yeah, unless you're wearing more then one shirt."

"I'm not— just I— uh, what's your name? You're new right?" He questioned. "Yeah, I'm new. I'm
Y/n, what about you?" You asked. "Freddy, Freddy Freeman." Freddy said. "Nice to meet you Freddy." You greeted with a smile.

He smiled back, but it was a little fake. You see, from Freddy's point of view, he thought you were just sitting with him because you're disabled. Disabled kids got to stick together? Sure, but it's obvious from the cast on your leg that you're not fully disabled like him. You just broke your leg.

He has a feeling once your leg heals, you're going to sit with some other kids, because right now, you're just feeling left out, so you'll sit with the kid most like you here, and that would be Freddy.

You awkwardly chews on your food, trying to think of more things to ask. "So, you like DC?" You questioned. "Yeah, I do." Freddy stated simply.

Usually, he would talk for forever about DC, but the thing is, he doesn't want to waste energy on someone who would just leave him again, like they always do.

"Cool.." you said a bit sarcastically, taking a sip from your drink. "I personally like—"

"Look, I'm sorry," Freddy started. "I'll tell you the truth, I don't want to be sitting here with you. Because you just want to sit here because you relate to my disability, right? You don't actually want to be my friend." Freddy stated, like it was a fact.

You felt your heart shatter, and you felt like shit. "I just, liked your shirt.." you mumbled, a sad expression cast on your face, making Freddy feel guilty. "I'm sorry for bothering you, I could just, leave." You said, grabbing your tray.

"Wait! No, I— I should be saying sorry.." Freddy said. "I just— sorry, I let my fear get the better of me and I... can we just start over? Please? I promise I'm not a dick." Freddy begged.

You gave him a suspicious look, unsure if he was telling the truth or not. But the way he was giving you the puppy dog stare, it broke you, and you sighed. "It's alright.. okay, I'm Y/n. And I happen to love Superman." You explained.

Freddy stared at you for a moment, before smiling. "I'm Freddy, and I happen to love you— wait—"