[New Kid, New Friend] Freddy x fem reader

@SimpingCurrently requested:
So maybe it's Y/N's first day? And the principal chooses Freddy to be her guide and show her to her classes? And they start talking a lot and sit alone at lunch and next to each other every class

[fluff/some angst if you squint]

It's rare to get a new student, at Fawcett Central at least. It's not the best school in Philadelphia, quite the opposite actually. There isn't many good teachers and students combined, not to mention the budget is very low.

So, the school would always get excited when there was a new student.

Freddy had just walked through the halls, hearing all of the gossip about the new student. Apparently, the new student is a girl. Meaning the guys were excited, and the girls were angry that the boys were so excited.

Freddy felt neutral about it all. It could be a chance to have a new friend, but seeing how the student seems so popular already, he didn't have high hopes.

"Okay Darla, here's your class." Freddy said, stopping in front of room 207. "Thanks for walking with me! I love your company." Darla thanked, smiling up at Freddy. He smiled softly, at least one person likes to talk to him. "Have a good day Darla, see you later." Freddy said. "Bye Freddy!" Darla waved, running into her classroom.

He watched as Darla talked with her friends, and he smiled a bit, before walking down the hallway.

"Freeman!"

Freddy stopped, recognizing the voice but not fully aware of who it could be. He turned around to see the principal, Dana, was walking towards him. "Hello Freeman." Dana greeted, now standing in front of Freddy.

"Am I in trouble for being late again? Look, I haven't been-"

"It's not that this time Freddy." Dana chuckled lightly. "I actually need your help. I need you to tour the new girl around." She explained. Freddy stared at her, almost not believing her. "Me? Why me?" He questioned.

"I am aware of how.. mean students can be here," Dana explained. "But, I feel like you have a naturally welcoming vibe to you." Dana said. "Me?" He repeated.

"Yes you, now come on, she's waiting."

• • •

Your right leg bounced up and down as you waited near the entrance of the school. It was your first day, and you got super lost already. You thought maybe you could find your way around, but nope. You probably have to have a teacher tour you around now.

That sounds so awkward.

"Miss L/n!"

Your gaze shot up once you heard the clicking of Dana's heels, and of something else, like a third heel almost. That's when you noticed a boy limping behind her.

He had a crutch, but you made sure not to stare. Instead, you looked back at Dana as she stepped in front of you. "Y/n, I want you to meet Freddy Freeman, Freddy, meet Y/n L/n." Dana stepped away, you two now looking at each other.

You smiled. "Hey." You greeted. "Hi." The boy Freddy greeted back. "Well, I want Freddy to tour you around. Just don't take too long so you don't skip any further classes." She said. "Uh, alright." You agreed, grabbing your bag and standing up.

You and Freddy faced each other as Dana walked away. "Have fun!" She waved, her heels clicking away as you watched her.

Once she disappeared around the corner, you slowly turned to Freddy. "It's nice to meet you. Ah, thanks for touring me around and stuff." You said. "Oh, yeah, no problem whatsoever." Freddy shrugged, waving it off. "Anyway, I guess we should start with the cafeteria and stuff. Food is important." Freddy said, making you chuckle. "Very." You stated.

You followed Freddy down the hallways, getting to know some things about him. He liked to talk a lot, he seemed to be an extrovert, but that was fine. You liked listening to him talk, he has a nice voice.

After he had shown you the whole school, it was already the last period before lunch. "Welp, alright, your first class is Biology right?" Freddy questioned as you looked at your schedule.

"Uh, yup. It is." You announced, looking around. "Okay, well, we happen to be at the biology classroom." Freddy said, stopping to a halt in front of a door.

You smiled, turning to Freddy. "Thank you so so much for showing me around. It was, fun." You said. "Fun?" He repeated. "Yes, fun." You giggled softly.

He just stared at you with wide eyes, and you felt yourself grow awkward. "Well, I'll go now.."you suggested. "Yeah, oh yeah, uh, have, fun?" Freddy questioned. "You too. See you later." You waved, walking into the classroom.

The door shut, yet Freddy still stood there, smiling at the door.

He'll see you later.

• • •

Freddy decided to sit outside today. It seemed no one wanted him to sit at their seat, and there wasn't even one open table to sit at. So, he went outside, sitting against the school building on the concrete ground.

He took a bite from a sandwich, and it tasted.. well, like school cafeteria food. But it was food, so he continued to eat it.

Freddy suddenly wondered where you were at. He bets some kids had already invited you to sit with them. I mean, who wouldn't? You were a sweet and caring person, everyone must love you. He wouldn't be surprised if you were already popular.

He sighed, pulling his phone out and typing in a superhero channel he usually likes to watch. Something caught his eye though, and he looked up, only to see you. You were walking around with a tray in hand, you looked like you were trying to find a place to sit.

"Hey, hey!" Freddy called, waving his hand back and forth wildly. You looked around, and that's when you spotted Freddy. Your face beamed with joy, and you walked over to him. "Freddy! Hey, what's up?" You asked. "Oh, well, you looked like you were trying to find somewhere to sit. So I thought why not invite you over to the best seat in the building?" Freddy said sarcastically.

You chuckled softly, sitting down next to him and flinging your backpack to the side. "Thanks, I'm super anxious and couldn't bring myself to sit with any kids at lunch. So, thanks." You admitted.

"Really? You just gotta be yourself! I bet you would have so many friends if you did." Freddy pointed out. "Maybe, but again, anxiety really likes me." You sighed.

"What about you, you've been here a while probably, you have friends?" You asked. "Uh, no, not really." Freddy chuckled nervously. You stared at him for a second, before looking down. "Then, uh, let's be friends, okay?"

In that moment, Freddy's heart skipped a beat.