29.5

Nassiah instantly sucked his teeth,  king trying to rattle the door on the other side with his hysterics as Alonso rushed to put clothes on, here he was just cursing everything up and down- including lacey. Alonso disappeared into the bathroom to start getting himself cleaned up quickly expecting his husband to follow.

"DAD! PA! I KNOW YOU HEAR ME?" King yelling from the other side and now his siblings voices join in. Nassiah snapped out of the state he was in when Alonso threw clothes at his husband and pushed him towards the bathroom to clean himself up before they comforted their kids.

"You told him Alonso? That's some funny ass shit to do" Nassiah spoke as he grabbed his tooth brush, he looked at his husband who was rinsing out the tooth paste from his own mouth. Nassiah was trying not to get back into the mood so he could confront and talk things about things with king, but shit. The way Alonso was looking- Nassiah shook his head and started to get lost in his thoughts as he brushed his teeth.

"I'll pick this lock, get me something thing" Naylani boomed from the hallway- grabbing Alonso's attention before he could respond to Nassiah's shenanigans.

"You just want to be mad at me these days huh? For any reason your brain strings together" Alonso started but once he heard the door rattle he quickly moved from his and Nassiah's bathroom and into their room again shutting the door behind him. The kids didn't need to see their father but ass naked at this time. Alonso was dressed and cleaned up but still not completely ready to tackle the hurricane awaiting him. Of course he was about to open the door but his kids were one step ahead, Naylani did indeed pick the lock.

"Why didn't you tell me— it can't be true. But why would Q lie! Like .. dad?" King stumbled into the room trying to catch his breath between the sobbing he was doing. Nassiah took a second to respond before turning to face his son.

  "I was gonna tell you!" He started as if they were both two kids in an argument. Alonso sighed trying to rush the other children back to bed so king could have this conversation with his father alone. But instead he got roped back into it by his husband who was gasping at straws on what to say next.  "King sit down we gonna talk, right Lo?" Alonso couldn't help but smile a bit not at what was going on, but that Nassiah didn't add any snarky remarks just addressed him how he usually would.

  "Yeah king, you can cry let it out— I know you're probably confused on how to feel" Alonso started but king just looked between the both of them trying to find words to say next.

"I should've went to see her!"

"Don't say that" Nassiah started

"Should've been a better son! She, she loved me"

"She should've done better by you" Nassiah mumbled some more making Alonso raise an eyebrow at him. If Alonso could hear it no doubt king could aswell.

"I should've tried! Now she's gone... and I failed her as a son" king eyes were swelling up again as they threatened to run down his face with fresh tears. He looked between his parents for something, reassurance, a shoulder to cry on- maybe even to be yelled at he didn't know. His brain was racing yet he couldn't figure out anything to soothe it. Anything to say- but questions, and doubts.

"She should've done better by y-

"Nassiah, not the time" Alonso started as he sat on the bed and rubbed kings back, kings breathing being more staggered. "King it's okay to feel regret, to wish you could've been better- done better.. helped in a way, it's okay to feel lost and confused and sad.. just don't start blaming yourself for it" he attempted. Kings eyes just slowly went between his parents as he lot out another sob.