32

Bang bang bang. Silence. BANG BANG BANG. "Yes can I hel- oh not you" Arin Mo'Nae's fiancé spoke as he opened the door. Nassiah only rolled his eyes looking past him then the time before motioning for his son to get out the car.

   "Where's my cousin?" He asked welcoming himself into the house "MO'NAE- it's important I don't got time to play this love hate thing right now"

"You can't just walk into peoples house! I know you and Mo'Nae have a rogu-

"You don't know the half and if you did you would mind your business so do that. King come in here"

"Nice to meet you" king spoke softly listening to his father, who was walking around the house looking for his cousin. Pharoah followed his father closely Arin on both of their tale.

  "Right but you're in my-

"Your name isn't on the lease nice try" Nassiah knew him and Mo'Nae had a lot of history not always good. But none the less he still did love her like a sister. Just most times  it had to be an estranged one. "Mo get out here damn" he spoke before seeing her come in from outside . Sometimes he forgot his own cousin was making good money- that was until he walked through her big ass house.

  "Nassiah? King?" She spoke confused and then looked at Nassiah's face and rushed to her cousin: instantly eyeing his bruises and marks before looking at king seeing if he had any. "What did you get yourself into" mo spoke quietly. She  looked up at her husband and gave him a small smile. "Can we have a moment? King looks tired can you show him to a guest room so he can lay down- It seems like my family had paid me a visit and in our family we don't turn them away- no matter what" she spoke looking at her cousin who just nodded in return. They knew they were never going to go back to what they once where but they also knew how hard they use to love each other and not much changed just buried a bit. Arin looked at his fiancé for awhile before he realized she wasn't joking.

  "Come on kid, I'll show you where you can stay- do you like sports? We have a gym and a hoop around the corner from us" he started as he walked up the stairs- Pharoah just looked at his father as he already lost one he couldn't let this one out of his sight.

   "King I'll come find you Gimmie like 10 minutes okay? Grown folks shit" he said as he helped himself to a seat.Mo'Nae disappeared for a bit going to her kitchen to grab a Hennessy bottle and two cups- she was about to grab a chaser but she knew her cousin.she sat down and handed him a cup pouring some liquor in it and it stayed silent. She went to try and touch his face and he backed up. "Alonso in jail" Nassiah finally spoke, Mo'Nae face went through multiple emotions before setting on the one she felt the most worried.

"Do you want me to pay for a lawyer? What happened? Who did this to your face? Was king there? Is king okay? Nas.. what you come back up here for"

"Pharaohs mom died, we came for the funeral then her mother started talking crazy shit" he started taking another sip of his cup and exhaling. "Mad shit like implying she was gonna do better with king then me- which maybe so but I don't know that's my fucking son! I do the best I can by him- I gave up so much for him and changed a lot- it's like everything I do now is for my damn kids and she all like she gonna take king from me? Then her dumb ass son started with me and Lo was trynna calm me down- I don't know why I ain't listen" he started as his head was still throbbing more then ever- "and hands was thrown, nigga threw a big ass book at my head shit bounced off the floor I was finna start merking niggas in there- Alonso must've knew we wasn't gonna all come out of there he started trynna break it up and get us out but next thing you know King throwing hits at his own uncle- well he don't know that nigga but Lacey's brother. Cops arrived and Zo took the charge" Nassiah shook his head before finishing the cup. "He told them he did the shit! All like I already got records and to many cops waiting to bust me for good- and we wasn't letting king get a record but damn"