34.5

You know when it calm? When everything is still and peaceful? When everything felt right, nothing bad or crazy happens - when you feel untouchable: the calm before the storm? That's where king was right now.

When they first got home Quelly just wanted to sleep but Naylani was tracking their every move, king never realized how much he missed his house, how much comfort it brought him until this very moment. The sounds of the twins laughing and giggling through the house- bluey playing loudly from the tv- Naylani s music blasting from upstairs. Even all the noises brought him comfort for once and usually it was the exact opposite. "ROAAAA" Kyra screamed but kamilla pushed her out the way and ran to king to get a hug. He leaned down not wanting them to jump- because they will and he doesn't know if he would catch them. He kissed both of their cheek and hugged them tight. Of course they asked a million questions- then talked about how they spoke to their fathers on the phone and how pa had a surprise for only them. Tas'hania came from the living room too and gave king a sympathetic look.

"I know you tired Dayquellz but a hello? A wow I missed you aunt T?" She started and Dayquellz gave her a hug and a kiss on the head before mentioning something about needing sleep. "King how's your parents?" Tash asked as soon as the twins went back to playing. "How are you?" She added to the question as she fixed his sweater which was crooked.

"They remain so calm at times it's scary- it's like they don't know that things don't always go in our favor" he started stressing immediately. "Like dad is so calm about all of this- pa biggest issue was the fact that he had to sleep a couple nights without him! How could dad be so calm! He was in ja-

"King, I know it's hard to believe but your fathers? Your uncle Donnie and me? Shit even Maurice we seen a lot- we've been though even more. We will get through this. An assault charge? That's no murder or nothing" she joked thinking about her case. "Atleast we know exactly where he is, he's safe- we will get through the rest" she soothed him as she pulled him into a hug. King just nodded slowly- "your pa is the one who usually gets into trouble, maybe one day I'll tell you about that scar across his face" she said and king nodded hoping she would. Nassiah always told the kids he was born with it because he scratched his face to much in the womb. They were dumb enough to believe it.

"It's just scary, I don't know how you did it- how you kept everyone together Aunt T"

"I took a charge" she started "but for real, don't worry I did it then and I'm out now I'll do it now. One thing you can't forget is this family- even if we made it ourselves, it's strong. We get through shit"

Tash went to continue cooking and Pharaoh didn't notice Quelly wasn't behind him. He knitted his eyebrows together and let out a small sigh going upstairs. He opens the door to his room and Naylani was there venting about something that happened at school. "Q! It wasn't even my fault! Then hoes really don't know who I am- I get down like that! I sling bitches like mop mop mop" she added she sound effects and started acting it out. "Like do they know who my Papa is? Let's get serious" she started and Quelly let out a tired laugh watching her continue to act it out. "They all like my brother dropped out, bitch now I'm dropping you fucks with it"

"You don't have to fight for me" king interrupted. Naylani just shrugged him off and kept kicking the air as if it was the girls head.

"It's no problem cause I told her my brother could fuck her brother up so if you go back to school and got to fight it's a Chavera brawl going on- don't worry Q, I'll let you in the side door" she added as she pointed at him then gave him a thumbs up.

"You've been in my room?" He asked and she nodded not charging enough to lie. "Why? You moved around my stuff" he whined and she didn't pay him any mind. King liked when their relationship was normal, when it wasn't her trying to talk him off the edge or calm him down in a episode. Just simple stuff, simple sibling matters.