33

"Quelly I miss you" Pharoah whined into the phone. "I beat up my uncle and now my dads in jail and it's all my fault.. my pa and Donnie won't let me help them take care of h-

"Run all that shit back.. you lost your mind huh king?" Quelly asked as he sat there talking into the phone with his eyes closed."where are you right now? You need to say all this to my face so I can see if your deadasss"

"I convinced pa to let me stay in New York with everyone, I just feel so bad and the way Lacey's brother was beating on pa reminded me of Layshon-

"I get it we don't even have to go there, but they last sentence you said- ion wanna hear it come out your mouth again you hear me?"

"I don't kno-

"I'm pose to be getting out in a week, cause I'm doing good.. I'm gonna go stay with Maurice for a bit I guess him and my pops said that would be best for me, go to Therpay and stuff but imma be home for you soon if not sooner"

  "Don't worry bout me I'll be fine, getting out of Chicago is refreshing even though it don't sound like it— I'm enjoying it"

Present time

Nassiah and Mo'Nae went to go see the lawyer, it was looking good for Alonso because apparently Ludcinda use to have a drug problem and her son had a lot of aggravated assault charges. They where about to get Alonso out on bond and then they would just have to stay in New York until the trial. Donnie and Maurice stayed to keep an eye on king although Donnie was getting tired of sitting in the house so they where about to go back to the bnb then find something to do- well him and his nephew. Maurice was trying to meet up with a friend but Donnie was all in his business. Mo'Nae wanted them to stay at her house until she and Nassiah got back so they could go pick up Alonso together but Donnie never listened. They car ride was worse then riding with Nassiah and Alonso when Nassiah was mad. King watched the two argue back and forth and sighed. Everyone in his family was a mess.

"So you don't wanna get something to eat with us whst you bout to do?" Donnie questioned and Maurice rolled his eyes.

"You're not the only one who has old friends in New York" he replied and Donnie just looked at him waiting for a real answer. "And no you guys can't come; well king can if he chooses to do so"

"You ain't never mention having no Fri-

"We gonna talk about not mentions things? Trust me you don't wanna go there" Maurice started.

"I might be a little slow but I never got the full story and I wanna choose whose side I'm on" king butted in.

"Grown folks stuff" Donnie muttered at the same time Maurice said nothing to special.

"So are you guys getting back together? If it's nothing to special?" He asked and Maurice laughed bitterly. Donnie just looked at Maurice for a second and shook his head. Although he knew that he loved maurice he also knew he fucked up way to much.

"Nah probably not"

"I thought y'all loved each other though- I mean y'all did drive all the way up here together. If pa and dad broke up I wouldn't even want them in the same state.. you know how pa gets"

  "King why you grilling us? Don't you got your own failed relationship to worry bout?" Donnie joked but king didn't find that funny at all. He did know one thing about his family is they came together in a time of need rather it was for him, one of his siblings- Quelly or even the adults needing each other they never asked to much just dropped what thy where doing and showed up. When they arrived outside the Airbnb Donnie couldn't help but start cussing.