32.5

Nassiah was on  the phone with Alonso's dad and he could hear the judgment in his voice. "I'm too old to be worrying about my grown ass son nassiah- I'm gonna pull some strings but.. whatever he got going on- you guys better fix it" he said and Nassiah only mumbled back a yes sir. "You got kids, and I know you don't want to be away from Alonso for years, I'll call the station I have a few friends in high places up there" he responded.  "Do you guys have a lawyer?" Nassiah looked over at Mo'Nae who was on the phone with her lawyer friend she tapped her nails on the counter as they joked a bit before the conversation seem to get serious.

  "I think so, I'll keep you posted either way— thank you again"

"Kiss and hug  the kids for me, I got to come see them soon I know the older ones getting big. You don't do anything stupid Nassiah- we will get him out" he tried to reassure and Nassiah mumbled a thank you and hung up. King was sitting next to Mo'Nae eating his cereal trying to listen to both conversations and text his sister all at once.

  "Pa I don't want to go home, I haven't seen my favorite cousin in forever" he said and Nassiah raised his eyebrow. He then pieced together that technically Mo'Nae was his cousin and rolled his eyes.

   "So dior not your favorite cousin all the sudden? Or even any other cousin you got? Mo'Nae not even my favorite cousin and I don't know any other cousin I got" Nassiah started and Mo'Nae rolled her eye. "Ion like you around shit like this, it stresses you out"

"Pa respectfully I was getting beaten on for like 6 months straight everything stresses me out" king started and Mo'Nae put her phone away from her ear and looked at Nassiah with concern.

  "If you told me the second that nigga put his hands on yo- I don't even wanna get into that right now. What about your sisters?"

"What about them? I'm not a little kid you have to tell to close his eyes anymore when you go and do what you do best" Pharoah argued back and Nassiah only thought  for a second and nodded. "Plus it's all my fault and Quelly is in rehab— and dad is locked up and you are all I have to go to right now" he added. "My brain is foggy, I've been having nightmares and-

"Fine you can stay with me" Nassiah interrupted not wanting to have king far from him and suffering, he was right his sisters couldn't help him through a breakdown if he was having one. Tas'hania had a lot on her plate already to probably even notice if king was having one. "Soon as we hit Illinois you better be making appointments for Therpay- Ian asking either"

"You rarely do ask" Pharoah muttered and continue eating his cereal. He was just glad his father wasn't going to send him back home.

   "Mo, how big your house is? Cause Chicago coming to you" Nassiah spoke within seconds after silence attempted to fall between the three.  Arin walked into the kitchen saying  a goodmorning  to everyone. Mo'Nae only gave Nassiah a one minute and wrapped things up on the phone.

  "So are you guys homeless or something?"

"Watch your mouth I don't even got patience to give people chances right now" nassiah started and arin only shrugged.

  "I'm just asking cause you come in here demanding to stay- you and your kid and now Mo'Nae is up late hours trying to help you- so I'm confused. Are you on-
Nassiah grabbed the man by his neck and Pharoah only took his cereal and walked out quickly to the dining room.

  " Fuck did I just say? Let me reintroduce myself- I'm Nassiah and ion do well with disrespect" he said tightening his grip around the man's neck.

  "Yea thanks for helping! I'll call you later and we can meet up- I have to go like now" Mo'Nae said as she got off the phone. "Nassiah let him go to work, we have stuff we have to do" Mo'Nae started and Nassiah pushed the male back into the island. "Babe I-