31

"Did you know any of my mothers family before this?"phaorah asked as they got ready for the funeral. "You never let me meet any of them"

"Lacey wasn't speaking to any of them when I met her, trust me- If I knew Lacey had family I would've dropped you off with them" Nassiah mumbled as he buttoned up his shirt.

"You would've dropped me off with random people?"

"He's lying king- you guys were glued to each others hip." Alonso said as he picked up his car keys. Pharoah got quiet again just looking at his parents. They got a Airbnb for the three days mostly because Nassiah didn't want to stay at his aunts house nor did he trust staying with any old friend from New York- not that he had many.  "Is there something I can do for you king?" Alonso started making Nassiah who was already about to make himself some food look up.

  "It's just that, my grandma-

"What fucking grandma, they all dead" Nassiah started as he went back to his sandwich.

"Ms.Ludcinda said if I wanted too after the funeral we can go through old pictures and home videos she had of my mother.. and I can go for dinner with her she said so she can get to know me" Pharoah was nervous to want his fathers would say, he did want to know more about Lacey as he felt guilt for not doing so when she was alive. He also knew that Nassiah hated Lacey or seemed too- and he didn't know her mother at all, king started swaying back and forth waiting for any type of emotion but he just got blank faced in return.

  "She said that? When did you guys speak?" Nassiah started. Even though he did let them talk on the phone once and when she asked for pharaohs phone number and pharaoh agreed it was okay for him to give it to her Nassiah did- he didn't think they talked that much.

  "We've been speaking,I just want to know more about that side of me" king started getting nervous, he looked at his dad not wanting him to feel like he was cutting him out, although Alonso wasn't related to him by blood Pharoah never wanted it to seem like he loved the male any different. Often times Alonso was the only one he could talk to in that house besides Naylani.

  "I don't know that bitch" Nassiah started he looked at Alonso who was quiet the whole time, not wanting to overstep in this situation but Alonso just motioned back to king. "I'll think about it- finish getting ready so we can go" Nassiah  finally said and king just looked between the two of them before going to the bedroom he was staying in. After he heard a door shut he looked at Alonso and raised a eyebrow. "So you ain't got shit to say, mr.psychologist, Mr. Trauma coach" Nassiah started

  "What did you want me to say? Lacey mother is his only grandma who is alive, not to mention he doesn't know anyone from that side of his family"

"Because I don't either! I raised him by myself for two years! When I went back home and then we raised him- where was this lady at then? Lacey never spoke much about her family she spoke about Tyrell- she was in jail all those years where was her mother?" Nassiah started and although he did have a point Alonso silence said  a lot. "I should let our only son go with some random lady? You're okay with this?" Nassiah asked and Pharoah head was already against the door instead of getting ready- he should've just stayed quiet he thought. He didn't want to upset his parents, with Alonso not saying anything it seemed like he agreed with Nassiah. Although he saw where his husband was coming from- he knew Pharoah was grieving and he knew this could possibly help him. Where else was he gonna learn about his mother from.

  "That's his blood Nassiah, I don't think we should deprive him of meeting his blood.

"So because she's blood she automatically is someone we should trust?" Nassiah started he put his sandwich down not even wanting to eat it yet anymore he was getting worked up. "Look what our blood did to us? Look how it left us!"