13.0

Pharoah
A week later.

I never thought that homecoming was actually going to be fun, but it was. Everything about it made me forget my issues- I didn't even care the fact I went with Omani. That was Friday, Not only did Omani win homecoming queen but My dumbass made homecoming court. Over all my girlfriend did look beautiful and it made me remember why I liked her in the first place, she did know how to make me laugh when she wasn't stressing about everything.

   "King!" Jordan yelled jogging up behind me, his smile already told me what I was for once not rushing to see, if I made the basketball team. I never realized how much time I haven't spent with Layshon  until he kept popping up on me, I would have to tell him I had detention and then carpool with Omani after try outs or open gyms. Needless to say If I wasn't getting beaten on by him it was my pa. After our argument he seemed to be more into his own head, he still was the same but with less patience- he always seemed aggravated.  Like Naylani got yelled at 3 times this morning all in one breath.  But none the less the weekend after the argument with Nassiah I had went to see Layshon, him venting to me about his dad made me open my eyes slightly; atleast he didn't die. It was selfish but then again, I was glad he wasn't dead. My own morals were just fighting with my ego to actually forgive the man who raised me.

  "King you don't get how crazy the streets really was" Layshon added as he ran his fingers up and down my spine, we laid in his bed the noise of the commotion on the street and us talking being the only noise in the house. He had calmed me down out of my episode I had trying to tell him what was wrong and now he was trying to help me feel better, so I thought. "You hearing my baby boy? Shots everywhere all that, you know everyone lost someone in these streets and if they're lucky only one person" his voice was calm and the way his brown eyes looked at the ceiling made me prop my head up a bit from laying on his chest to give him my full attention.

   "I'm hearing you, I just I don't know— in all one breath I use to look up to my parents. I mean my dad lives to stop kids from going into the streets and my pa gives half of them jobs in the shop to help also— I kind of thought when they talked about it briefly it was from observation not experience " I added as he whipped a stray tear from my face. "He said it so casually too, as if it's not a whole life he just ended" I added and my breath started to pick up again Layshon pulled our bodies closer together and let out a small sigh.

    " you know what's crazy? I wish my father was a better killer, if he was they wouldn't have got him" he spoke without missing a beat it was scary how serious he was. "My dad wasn't a saint, I mean he got my mom by stealing her she always said- her knight  in shining armor he was born and raised in the streets and jacked it hard as hell— but I guess he had problems with the wrong person- they killed them in his own house.... but if he was good then maybe he would've got them first" he spoke then his eyes fell to me and he sighed "just assume every situation was life or death, it could've been" he added  leaning forward to give me a kiss.

    "When did you find out?" Was the only thing I could whisper.

   "I found his body the next day, with the bullet in his head- only my momma know this shit so feel special"

     I was brought back into the present by a nudge pushing me into. A locker, I was going to curse someone out but instead it was Jordan who I remember  seeing walking up to me but forgot to acknowledge it.    "Wassup J" I added sliding my phone into my pocket he slung his arm around my shoulder with a goofy grin across his face.

  "Fuck you mean just Wasssup today the fucking day" he exclaimed and I couldn't help but smile at how happy he was. But another part of me was hoping my name wasn't on that list, better dead that basketball shit it takes up to much of your time.