18

<A/N at end lovely readers>

"When will you stop letting me down?"

"I wish I knew."

~~~

It was finally the Monday of my first day at a college. I pretty much knew to expect lectures, essays, and hard work. But I was ready for it.

I had made sure the night before I knew what I was wearing, and how long I'd have to get ready. Harry thought I was making way to big of a deal, but I just shooed him away and said it was girl stuff. Of course Harry would think it was too much, he gets ready within minutes. I do honestly wish I had someone to share this moment with. Of course Liam said he was excited for me, but I meant my mother. She wouldn't care.

"Sarah, everything's going to be okay." Niall says walking into the living room. He was wearing a white t shirt and black jeans with classic boots. It probably took him all of five minutes to get dressed.

I appreciated Niall trying to calm me down, but I was still a bit nervous. I didn't know anybody, and what if they thought of me as the weird chick. I really didn't have any space for bad first impressions.

"I know you're probably right." Niall and I were waiting for Harry to come out then we were going to leave. It was insane how long Harry was taking to get ready this morning. I can't help but wonder if he was trying to impress Macy.

I had noticed that Sunday Harry had gone out and told me he had to deal with some business. I was betting with Louis that the "business" was seeing Macy. It was kind of funny how all the guys said he doesn't date, but somehow for this girl he is supposedly the rejected one. On the other hand Louis and I could be completely wrong about our assumptions.

Harry finally walks out from getting ready and we head off. Louis got a ride from Zayn this morning and didn't bother waiting for Harry to take us. I can finally see why it took Harry so long. He was dressed in black jeans, white t shirt, with a short sleeved blue plaid shirt on top. His hair, although was still messy, but it looked like he had done it on purpose.

"Took you long enough." Harry sent Niall a death glare and Niall just chuckled. They were used to it. The guys weren't scared of Harry anymore. "Why were you taking all day anyways? You don't care what people think." Niall had a point. What was the point of taking all day if you didn't even care what people thought?

"I was trying to find clothes that didn't smell like shit." Why don't they ever do their laundry? The apartment building has a laundry room in it, and it was barely used considering practically everyone installed their own.

The ride down the elevator was silent, and we walked to Harry's car in silence. I'm just guessing no one was in the mood in the morning. I sat in the back seat while Niall got shotgun.

Sitting in the back was fine with me, it gave me more room to think. What would I be doing today? I knew my first class was with Harry, but that was it. Oh god I'm hoping I meet new people, or at least make one friend. It was already nearing the end of the year, and it was obvious how late my start was.

I decided to push school out of my thoughts for awhile and just observe the scenery. We were driving on a pretty busy freeway, filled with people rushing to get to work. Hundreds of trees were on each side of the highway. Sometimes I'd like to think if anyone had ever been in those forests, if anybody liked them.

I pull out the class syllabus and look over the book we will be discussing this entire month. It just so happens to be one of my favorites, Wuthering Heights. What can I say I'm a sucker for troubled romance.