47

<A/N at end babes>

Songs for this chapter:

Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol

I Won't Give Up- Jason Mraz (Love this song so much like wow.)

~~~

"Hey, I always vowed to stay your best friend, not stay wherever you are."

The alarm that I set wakes me up. I didn't know how early it was, but all I knew is that I was tired. The boys definitely wore me out, but I also want to do it again. I couldn't decide if I was going crazy, or if I just was a night owl now.

I get up off of my bed, and check the time. It was already a little past noon, and I seriously hope that Kristina wasn't already here, just wandering around. I didn't want to make a bad impression, even though we've known each other for years.

Clair wasn't in the room, but Clair left me a note on her desk saying where she went. I smile looking at the sentence. She was so lovestruck.

*Out at breakfast with Louis. I didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful. Have fun today! Can't wait to meet Kristina!*

I was glad that her and Louis were doing so many couple activities. I didn't know if they were official yet, but I can see that it's going to get that way. I also couldn't wait for my two best friends to meet. I just hope they like each other.

Reaching for my phone, I wanted to text Kristina first. I wanted to know if she was near, or if she was already here. I send her a quick message asking where she is, and an estimate of how long.

I did want to shower and at least look a little presentable for my friend. I just needed to know if she was close, and if I could have some time to collect myself this morning after last nights shenanigans.

She doesn't answer, and I like to suspect she is being a good driver and keeping her eyes on the road. I didn't need another friend getting in an accident this year. That awful accident with Clair made me rethink so many precautions I need to take. Even though it wasn't Clair's fault, I'll always know what time drunk drivers come out at night.

I just decide to go along with my gut feeling that she isn't too close, and I take a shower. I wash last night's makeup off, and all of the knots in my hair evaporate under the warm water. I didn't notice how tight my muscles were until this morning. That only happened when I was extremely tired.

When I get back into my room, I see a new message on my phone screen. It's from Kristina, her telling me that she's only ten minutes away. I was excited yet nervous to see her. I wonder if she had changed at all, or if she looks exactly the same.

I wanted to believe my best friend didn't change at all, but even I knew that was impossible. Kristina had always loved changing things, like her hair and clothes. I could only wish I liked change that much.

I get dressed into a sundress and wedges, my summer go to. It has never failed me yet, which makes me wanting to wear these combinations more. Trust me, I wasn't a fashion expert, but I knew what looked good on my short, curvy body.

When I walk outside I feel the cool summer air hit my face. It felt refreshing and it made me feel like I hadn't been outside in years. I always preferred spring over summer though. My hair hated Texas humidity.

The birds were chirping in the big tree near the dorm building. The same tree I stood under last night for the guys impromptu meeting. The tree was perfect for shading over the cars in the dorm parking lot, and so we all loved this tree.