31

Can we just talk about how far this story is.
Wow I'm invested.

<A/N at end readers. Now enjoy.>

Songs for this chapter:

Bad blood- Taylor Swift

Our July in the rain- He is We

~~~

"That's awful." Liam starts to say. "And you said they haven't found her parents yet?" I had to tell Liam about what I read, it was too heartbreaking. Anyways he could read right through me, and he could see I was even more upset.

"The report said that they are most likely dead by now. I just can't believe she never told me." Clair had always talked about her parents with me as if she had been talking to the, everyday. I should've known something was up when she never got any calls from them, and she never called them.

"It was probably hard for her to bring up, or even think about. I bet she loved her parents if she always talked as if they were still here." Liam was right. I wouldn't dare push Clair to say anything, and I definitely won't bring it up.

We wait in the quiet waiting room, just hoping that someone will tell us something. Liam didn't know Clair, but he still stayed the whole night with me. He knows that I'm shaken up right now, and I can't handle losing someone close to me.

My eyelids start getting heavier by the minutes. I needed sleep desperately. If I just close my eyes for a little I won't miss anything. I already knew the nurses wouldn't let me see Clair until her grandparents got here.

I doze off and so does Liam. I think I only slept for three minutes until I felt someone shaking me. When I open my eyes I see a nurse staring down at me. It was the nurse from earlier that was holding the file. I'm secretly hoping I wasn't caught looking at the file.

"You want to see her don't you?" The nurse has a thick country accent. I nod to her answer unable to speak from grogginess. "Come on. We only got five minutes." My eyes widened in shock.

She was taking me to see Clair. I jumped up out of my seat and followed the nurse down the hall into Clair's room. When I finally see her I am relieved. She is awake and, she is breathing in front of me.

"Clair, I'm so glad you are okay." Happy tears fall from my eyes. I go to her and take a seat next to her. She looks up at me and smiles. I'm glad that she remembers me, and that she was just okay.

"Me too Sarah, me too." She starts to join my crying and she reaches out for a hug. We gladly embrace each other. It doesn't surprise me that the first thing Clair wants to talk about is how my date went. The thing was I wanted to talk about something else. Something a little bit more serious. I needed to talk about her parents, I just couldn't leave it alone.

"Your parents Clair." Clair's face goes pale and I start to get nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up. "It's okay Clair, you can trust me." A tear comes down Clair's face. She gets comfortable in her bed and starts telling me the story.

Clair tells me that she came home one day, and neither of her parents were home. Her grandparents didn't know where they were either. They all waited awhile to see if her parents would come home. When they never did, and just never contacted them, her grandparents called the police. And they have been investigating ever since.

Clair was in tears by the time she finished explaining, and I was in tears with her. "I'm so sorry Clair." I embrace her in my arms and hold her while she cries. It was an awful site and it hurt me so much to see her this way.

"It's okay Sarah, I've given up hope on seeing them every again." Clair wipes away her tears. I didn't want her to give up hope, because she could still see them again, even if it takes years. "You have to go to school." Clair says while checking the time.