68

Songs for the chapter:

Someone Like You- Adele

Perfect- Selena Gomez

Love In The Dark- Adele

~~~

"Curious 'bout the company that you keep, cause I hear you talkin' bout her in your sleep. With the smell of her perfume I could love her too, like you, like you."

"David's out with a girl tonight." Kristina and I were sitting in her room, watching tv. I couldn't keep my mind focused on the screen, because David was out with some other girl tonight and Kristina always liked to remind me.

I look over to Kristina and roll my green eyes. "Yes I know," I started, "But he can do whatever he wants." I didn't really feel as calm as I was acting. David always tells me he's going to take me out, and then he doesn't. He chooses some other girl.

"Why are you even still giving him the time of day; he's an ass 24/7 and that won't change." I know Kristina was just looking out for me, but she didn't really understand. She didn't get how hard it was to stop once you started. If you just start liking someone; it's a pain in the ass to get rid of.

"It's hard, okay." My voice was soft and quiet, making me sound small and pathetic. Was I pathetic for clinging onto that one belief that this one guy could change? David could change someday, but it won't happen all at once.

"Bullshit Sarah, you're just making excuses." Kristina gets on her knees so she can look up at me. "You act like it doesn't bother you at all, but I can see the real pain behind your eyes." Kristina had never said anything like this to me before, and it was making me grip onto our friendship. In this life of sin, all I needed was Kristina.

"You might be right sometimes, and this is most likely one of those times." Kristina smiles, and jumps at me to wrap her arms around me. Kristina rarely hugged me anymore, but when she did it was the best feeling ever.

"Thank you for helping me realize something, even though it took me forever." Laughs escape our mouths, making me feel like a child again for once. We lay down on the bed and continue watching the movie that was playing on the small screen.

We don't speak to each other for awhile, allowing me time to think. Could I really let David go so easily? Would it be difficult or break my heart? It didn't really matter anymore because disconnecting myself from his life is the best resolution I've ever made.

I decided I would go to his apartment tonight and confront him, tell him it's over. For him, I believe, it's been over for awhile. If he was with other women, didn't that mean he was dissatisfied with who I was? No Sarah, you can't blame this relationship on yourself,' my subconscious motivates me.

David was the one that didn't deserve any of my spare time anymore. My mind was finally made up, I would go to his apartment tonight and break it off with him, for good.

~~~

My heart was still beating fast in my chest, making up scenarios of what Harry could be doing with Macy. Is he making her scream his name, or is he screaming hers? That seemed to be the only question I could ask myself.

Liam was oblivious to what internal agony I was going through. If Harry did decide he couldn't do the 'relationships' thing, would I seriously be okay with letting him go? I mean I'd have to let him do what he wants, even though it would break me into a million lost pieces.