86

Song of the chapter: One And Only by Adele

~~~

"I don't know why I'm scared, 'cause I've been here before. Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all. You'll never know, if you never try to forget your past and simply be mine."

The ride to Liam's house was painfully long, Harry and I not talking much on the way. I didn't expect us to have this much tension, maybe because I had just assumed we were over all the fighting we had done. My hopes had probably just been too unrealistic, which is something I shouldn't do the rest of the night.

Harry had still opened the car door for me when we had arrived there, him just being the gentleman he has always been. Louis and Clair arrived right after us, practically running right over to us when they saw that we had already gotten to the destination.

We had all walked to the backyard with the usher, Liam was in his room getting ready and practicing for his speech. Niall, Zayn, and Perrie were coming for the reception afterwards, since to them the party was the best part. Well, I just loved every part of the wedding.

"The house looks amazing, don't you think?" Clair looks around the backyard, where we were instructed to go in the invitation. People dressed in gorgeous dresses, even some ladies with hats, were already seated, awaiting the ceremony to start. There were lights ha binging overhead, delicate flowers in every corner, and seats arranged on a makeshift floor. The weather has been perfection all day, allowing everyone to have a good time.

"Karen worked really hard. Liam told me she was up late every night planning." My eyes wander around the beautifully decorated backyard. This wedding was making me realize just how huge their backyard really was. As a child, I had killed for a heard like this, with a pool and swing set. They never came, and that's okay, because this moment is just as great.

The ceremony would start in just a couple of minutes, meaning that we had to find our seats. I figured that we'd all just sit in the back, considering we weren't family of the bride or groom. I remember Mr. Lance and Karen telling me that we could sit wherever, but we all still chose the back, ,waving seats for their relatives.

Family members were chatting around us, probably catching up on their lives. Clair and Louis sat behind Harry and I, meaning that I wouldn't have my way out right next to me. Anyways, I wouldn't want to ruin Louis and Clair's time together at this wedding. This date was really important to them, which means I shouldn't intrude.

I glance over at Harry, watching him peel the petals off one of the flowers from the wedding. It didn't even bother me, there were so many flowers here that no one would notice.

"What do you think of the scenery? Too overboard or just perfect?" Harry looks up from his hands, smiling my way. His lips smirk upwards, looking around the area, taking it all in.

"I can tell you one thing," Harry stops mid-sentence and looks around him, "They spent a shit ton of money." Harry leans in, whispering in my ear so nobody could hear him. I merely roll my eyes at his observation. If they had the money, they had the right to spend it.

"Your dad has money, and I'm betting one day he'll spend a whole ton on your wedding." My gaze averts to the woman in front of me, wearing a big floppy yellow hat with feathers. Some people here were definitely dressed ridiculously.

"First, I don't want to get married. Second, I wouldn't want a wedding like this, it's all show." My brows furrow in confusion, getting lost at what Harry means by it being a show. "If you love somebody with all your being, than you wouldn't need a big, fancy party, but just the person you love beside you." My lips turn upward into a smile, loving every word that Harry has said tonight.