80

Song of the chapter- Smile by Mikky Ekko

~~~

"Smile, the worst is yet to come. We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun. Got nowhere to turn, and we've got nothing but time. But the future is forever so smile."

The week went by in a flash, ending feeling like it didn't even happen. This was probably none of the most problem free week of my life. I smiled through the whole thing, seeing friends in classes and all over campus.

It felt good, feeling so free, knowing what was going to happen from now on. Not seeing Harry had proved to be easier than I ever thought it would've been. I would be seeing him tonight at Zayn's apartment, but it would be fun. I know it would.

"I'm so excited for tonight." Clair says, straightening her hair. I was doing my makeup, trying to look presentable before we left. Clair and I were driving there together, while all the boys were meeting at Zayn's.

I'm hoping tonight won't be problematic and Harry and I can be civilized with each other. Many different scenarios that could happen played out in my mind. He could get angry, or I could start crying because of whatever. It was danger in every corner, but it was our danger. The danger we knew how to handle.

I focus my mind on getting ready again. I had already chosen my outfit, it being pretty but casual at the same time. I had my heeled booties, my fanciest sweater, black jeans, and a leather jacket for over top.

The temperature has been dropping ever since October hit. The hallways were already decorated heavily for Halloween. I wouldn't be going to a party that night, but I knew that everyone on campus definitely was.

Clair and I decided we were just going to dress up and watch Halloween movies in our room. I had the whole Halloween Town series downloaded on my laptop, which meant we were ready. Clair had invited Louis, but of course he was going to party with his friends.

I put the finishing touches on my outfit and makeup. I always finished getting ready before Clair, it's always been a gift to be fast. Clair was also dressed in jeans and a heavy sweater. Somehow were were wearing almost the exact same thing, but hers had a much more feminine look.

"Ready?" I ask once I see her check herself out for the last time. She rolls her eyes at me, grabbing her shoes and putting them on. I grab my keys once she's done, then we head out the door together.

I was driving to Zayn's place, since I knew where it was. It being near the bookshop mad everything easier. I knew what roads to use so we could get there quickly. "Damn, I'll never forget how spectacular your car is." Clair says once she gets in the passenger seat.

Mr. Lance had been so amazing to loan it to me when I was in need, and I still don't know how I'll ever repay him. "Mr. Lance makes dreams come true, he's the nicest soul ever." I smile, remembering how unproblematic my first few months were here. It was starting to feel like that again.

"When can I meet this Mr. Lance? I'm ready to get my new car." I laugh at Clair's statement. I'm pretty sure Mr. Lance doesn't just give our new cars, yet he barely knew me and handed the keys right over to me.

"I'm surprised he just gave me one so easily, the guy barely knew me." I remember how he had given me a job, and with that job being far the man gave me a car. In life, I will always want to work hard for what I want. This car wasn't a sign saying all things will be handed to me, I'll still work my ass off.