36

<A/N at end babes.>

Songs for this chapter:

The Scientist- Coldplay

All I want- Kodaline

~~~

"If you loved me, why'd you leave me?"

"You are a deadbeat asshole, and I'd wished I never married you." Tears were streaming down my face at the shocking words mommy was saying to daddy. She was supposed to love him, and he was supposed to love her. But it seemed like that wasn't the case anymore. The case was now only fighting, and hatred.

"I'm the one that's making the money. I'm the one that supports this family Gertrude! You've done nothing but sit around all day and complain to me." I start peeking through the door. Daddy never yelled like this when I was in the house, and a part of me knew that this time it was real. He was leaving and I couldn't stop him.

I am only eight and it didn't seem fair. It didn't seem fair that they were going to separate, even though they still had me. Everyone at my school had two parents, and I didn't want to be the only one going without.

"Are you really going to leave Thomas? Are you really going to leave when you have Sarah to think about? She'll be heartbroken if you left. She would never forgive you." Mommy was right, but I needed them both. I didn't want any of them to leave me. Than I'd feel more alone than ever before.

"Would you keep your fucking voice down! Sarah is right down the hall." Daddy speaks a little lower, but I can still hear him. They probably don't know that I'm here, but I am. I always have been.

"That wouldn't stop her from knowing things. She'll find out Thomas, when you leave she'll know. And it'll break her baby heart." Mommy loves me, but I always thought daddy loved me more. He read with me at night, and tucked me in. Mommy never did that, but I wish she would.

"But it's worse Gertrude if we keep bickering like this in front of her or near her. She may never learn to love because of us. Do you want that?" Mommy doesn't answer. I know she's only think about what benefits her, and that's making daddy stay.

"Thomas don't leave me, please?" Mommy sounds like she's begging him. One thing still haunts me. Why would she want to stay with him when there is no love? Even if she just wanted him to stay for me, isn't a little just about her?

"I can't stay here anymore. I'm sorry Gertrude but I can't." What I see next breaks my heart. Mommy falls on the floor with her face in her hands and just cries. She cries like I've never seen her cry before.

"If you leave me, than you're also leaving her. I'm not allowing you to see her Thomas ever. Do you understand?" Daddy doesn't say anything back to mommy. He starts walking towards my room.

I run onto my bed and act like I wasn't listening. Daddy walks in and kneels down beside me. I clutch onto the stuffed bunny he gave me for my fourth birthday. Where has those days gone?

"Listen Sarah daddy's got to leave, and he can't come back. I love you so much Sarah, and that is why I'm doing this." Daddy embraces me and kisses my forehead. He runs quickly out of the room and out the front door.

"But if you loved me, you wouldn't leave." I speak low enough, so only I can hear. Daddy's in a different world now. A world I don't exist in.

~~~

"Sarah? Earth to Sarah?" I snap out of my daydream when Clair starts calling my name. I don't know why I started thinking about the day my father left. Maybe it was just the sense of him lying about loving me, just like Harry had done.