28

<A/N at end babes.>

Songs for this chapter:

Black Beauty- Lana Del Rey

Mess is Mine- Vance Joy

Poison and Wine- The Civil Wars (I'm so upset they broke up!)

~~~

"Let's just blow finals tomorrow." Kristina says. I had been thinking about skipping them recently, but I guess I still needed to graduate. And so did Kristina. We had become even more careless this past week. All I ever did was go to parties and hang with Kristina around the old pond.

"We still need to graduate, so we can leave this shithole Kristina." Kristina agrees with me and lays back on the grass. It was warm out now that it had become early May. "Are you ever going to tell me what happened that day you almost got expelled?" Kristina signs and rolls over to face me.

"I knew you'd never let that go, but fine I'll tell you." I get ready for Kristina's story, and I'm hoping it isn't just something stupid, and reckless.

"It started out when David asked me to skip class with him. I have skipped class a bunch of times, and have never gotten caught. Even if I did they never really cared except for obviously this time." That couldn't be all Kristina got in trouble for. I remember it being much more serious.

"You're only giving me the beginning Kristina, I know that's not all." She had to tell me, I was the one that bailed her out of trouble that day anyways.

"We went and threw toilet paper on the principal's house yard. David peed on her yard Sarah." My mouth had called wide open. David peed on her yard? I don't remember him getting in much trouble for this.

"Did David get an ass whipping? I don't remember his punishment." I puffed out the smoke from my cigarette. I should probably stop smoking these for my health, but who cares? I'm going to live in the now, whether it kills me or not.

"You don't remember his suspension? I mean he peed on her fucking yard! It was epic, I wish you could've been there." Honestly, I'm glad I wasn't there. It sounded disgusting.

"Oh yea, what a great time it would've been." I flick my cigarette into the water, and lay back down. It was nice being in this place right now and not feeling any stress.

"Hey, Sarah?" Kristina asks to disturb the silence around us.

"Yes?" I answer, awaiting her question. She looks lost right now, and I can't tell what's going on in her busy mind.

"You'll never leave me here alone to rot, right?" Kristina surprises me with the serious question. She never typically asked these kinds of questions, she always just went along with everything.

I nod unable to make her a sincere promise. I didn't want to leave her here alone, she needed me. But I also didn't know what the future still held yet, and I still didn't know what I wanted.

"Thank you Sarah, I'm glad I have you here." Kristina lights a cigarette, and scoots closer to the water. I stay back, thinking about taking the tests. Should I fail them so I'd have no choice, but to watch over her. Or should I do what I need, for me. Should I have a future?

~~~

"Class you will have an hour and forty-five minutes to complete your exam. Good Luck." Professor Hardy knocks me out of my daydream about Kristina and I at the pond one afternoon. I hope Kristina is okay, she won't even talk to me. Somehow I needed to get in contact with her.