Chapter 7

The next day, the sun rises through the window, and her grandma opens Faye's door to find Faye still sleeping with Ming in her arms. Her grandma quietly smiled before walking away. She opened the front door and left the house, as she left a note saying she went to the store and will be back.

Hours later,

"FA...YE," a woman spoke out of breath with her hand against her chest as she collapsed on the ground. A swarm of people started surrounding her.

The phone was constantly ringing before Faye hazily woke up to answer it. "Hello," Faye said half asleep, as she saw the note. At that moment, her body instantly woke up and froze as the phone fell to the floor before she raced out the front door. She quickly got on the bus and finally entered the city as she immediately exited the bus and got a hold of a taxi, and hastily said, "Take me to Amber Hospital as fast as you can." She sat in the moving vehicle with her hands clamped tightly together as her legs wouldn't stop shaking.

"Please don't take her away," she begged to herself quietly.

Once she got out of the taxi, she ran to the hospital and hurriedly said, "Where's my grandma! Her name is Anna Grey? Please tell me?"

"Young lady, I know you are worried, but please calm down. And let me check," the front desk lady said before typing into the computer. "It seems that she is still in the emergency room...," the lady said slowly.

Faye's hands clamped tightly before she asked, "do you know anything about how she is or why she arrived at the hospital?"

"Umm, I'm sorry, but I don't know how she is, but it states that she has a heart attack and...," the lady couldn't finish before adding, "just wait until the doctor comes out. Please take a seat over there. I'm sorry that I can't help..."

"Please give it to me straight," Faye said deeply as she knew the lady knew something that she wouldn't tell.

"I'm sorry, but I can't give you the information as I'm not the doctor," she states.

"Please...," Faye desperately begged.

The lady gave a weak sigh before saying, "your grandma is in code blue..."

Hours later, Faye sat there, waiting for the doctors to appear and say that everything was fine, but she knew.

Finally, the emergency light turns off, and the automatic doors open as a man in scrubs comes out. "Doctor is she... Gone?" Faye said quietly before the doctor could ask if she was the granddaughter of Anna Grey.

"I am terribly sorry. Would you like to see her?" he asks softly before leading the way.

There she saw her grandmother's cold body lying on the hospital bed as everything was dead silent. She grabs her cold hand and whispers, "Grandma didn't you say you will be back." She pressed her face against her grandmother's cold hand with tears rolling down her cheeks. Why universe, when I finally get happiness, you must take it away? Just why?