Chapter 50

"Faye, I'll be leaving now," Eve said, packing up her stuff. "Alright, head home safe," Faye replied back as she was looking over some documents she received from Leo since she will be handling part of his work.

"You also be safe. Don't overwork yourself since you are still injured," Eve said. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay to help you out?" Eve added.

"That won't be necessary since this has nothing to do with what we were doing for the investment project," Faye said. "Alright," Eve slowly made her way to the door.

Once Eve was opening the door, Dave was already watching Eve. So when she was leaving the office room, he walked towards her. She had already spotted him as she hurried towards the elevator. However, she knew that he would probably make it to the elevator, so she opened the doors to go down the stairs. She hurried down the stairs as she could hear footsteps chasing after her. She went down two levels of stairs before a hand grabbed her arm. "Eve, we need to talk," Dave said as they both were panting.

"I told you there's nothing to talk about," she said, trying to escape his grasp. "Yes, we do," Dave said firmly.

"I already know what you are going to say! That you are disgusted to see me do such a thing. I'm sorry... I won't do that anymore! I'm done, so don't say it. I don't want to hear it. Even though I already know it. You saying it aloud is something else. I can't hear... I'm a coward, so let go," Eve hastily said as she couldn't look him in the eye but at the floor. She was still trying to remove his hand.

There was silence before he spoke, "How do you know what I'm going to say when I didn't say anything to you? What if it's the opposite..." Eve stopped struggling with his hand and held it as she looked up. "What.. what do you mean," she said.

"What if I do have feelings for you?" he said, embarrassed. Eve stood there, shocked for a moment, with her eyes widened a bit before sadly smiling, "Thank you...., but that wasn't me. Sorry, I'm not that timid or pure woman you like."

She removed his hand from her arm before trying to walk away. However, he once again grabbed her, "Who said I like you because you were timid or shy? You know I noticed who you really are when you are with Faye," he said with a smile as Eve was stunned, with her cheek turning red. "When you are with Faye, I see how enthusiastic you are and how your eyes light up in ambition when you do your work," he said as Eve immediately blushed in embarrassment and looked at the ground. "That's why I asked you, why you were so uncomfortable with me," he continued, lifting her head up. "I'm sorry for creating this mess," he said before leaning down and kissing her lips.