Chapter 49

Inside the hospital room, it was constantly crowded with many people until her grandfather restricted the limit of people who could visit her and the time they could visit her, so his granddaughter could get some rest.

"How is Leo's wrist?" Faye asked, sitting up on the hospital bed with a small bandage on the left side of her forehead.

"I asked Vincent, and he said he is still recovering," Janine said, sitting beside the hospital bed and peeling an orange. "Oh..," Faye said, hearing that Leo had a massive bruise on his back and he had sprained his wrist.

"Be careful now. You know how worried we all were when we found out that you had injured your head. I can't imagine how Mr. Lon had felt seeing you bleeding right in front of him," Janine nagged at her once again. "Yeah. I know...," Faye said, looking at her hand as she remembered the sensation of Leo's hand against hers.

"So, I guess you can't make it to Lake's concert then," Janine said, finishing peeling the orange and making Faye snap from her thoughts.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Faye said, remembering the concert. "I guess, you will have to find someone to go with you instead," Faye added.

"I'll just drag Ian with me," Janine smiled. "Where is he now?" Faye said.

"I think he is at the library, but he said he will be coming soon," Janine said.

Later that day, night arrived, and Janine and Ian left earlier to take care of Ming. She was getting comfortable in her bed before there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," she said. A man in black clothes with a black mask came in, "Lake?" Faye asked.

"How are you feeling?" Lake said, taking his mask off.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have a concert tomorrow that you have to prepare for?" Faye said.

"Well, I heard that you got hurt, so I had to see if you were okay," he replied.

"I'm fine," she responded back. "I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it to your concert tomorrow night," she added.

"No, don't worry. Your health is more important," he said and sat beside the hospital bed. "Here, I brought some flowers," he said, handing her a bouquet of yellow roses with red tips. "Yellow roses mean friendship and joy, so I hope that can bring you some happiness," he said.

"But they are not all yellow? They have red tips as well," Faye said, looking at the roses.

"I know...," Lake said, shy with his cheeks turning pink. (Yellow roses with orange or red tips mean you are telling the person your feelings of friendship are turning into love)

She smiled and looked at him, "You are like a kid. Like a boy giving flowers to a girl for the very first time."

"Like a kid! You know we are both the same age. And, also, this is my first time giving flowers to someone," he scoffs with his eyes looking away as his cheeks are brighter.

____

The weekend finished, Faye was discharged from the hospital and the new week rolled in. In the office, Eve had already arrived and was on the phone as she was no longer displaying a shy, timid person. She had her hair up in a mini high bun with a casual brown suit jacket. She was wearing a black crop-top shirt and high-rise jeans. "How is Faye doing? Yeah, I'm already here since this is the last week," Eve said to John, who was on the other line.

"Are you able to handle the work without Faye?" John asked. "I think so. I already talked to Faye on the phone yesterday," Eve said as she was working on the next project.

She glanced up before saying, "I gotta go. Talk to you later." She ended the call and went back to the project.

The office doors opened, and Dave entered. He noticed how cute she looked. He cleared his throat and said, "Sorry, but Leo wanted to know if you had heard from Faye?"

"Yes, I have. I will go inform him," Eve said, not looking up from the screen. She waited for him to leave before looking up and going to Mr. Lon's office, but he didn't leave. The room was quiet. "Um, are you busy after this? I would like to talk to you," he said.

She squeezed her hand as she was afraid that he would officially reject her. Even though she knows that he kind of already did; however, having him actually saying it. She wasn't ready. "There's nothing to talk about," she said.

"Well, I have something to talk about," he said, looking at her as she refused to look up.

"I don't have anything to say to you," she lied. She got up from her seat and left the office.

____

"Are you sure? You just recovered," Janine's voice came through the phone. "Yes, I should be fine," Faye said through the phone as she arrived at the Lon Company. She entered the elevator and ended the call. She pushed the elevator button before brushing her hair to the side as it exposed a band-aid on her forehead. She felt guilty since Leo injured himself because of her, so it was only right for her to help him. She didn't want to owe him anything.

"What are you doing here? Didn't I tell your assistant that you didn't have to come here? Since the contract is over this week, she will be taking over, and you no longer need to work here?" Leo said, looking up from his paperwork. She didn't say anything as her eyes were on the wrist brace he was wearing. "I'm fine. Don't worry too much. It wasn't your fault. You should go rest," Leo said as he read her mind.

"I don't like owing people things, so I will help you until your wrist is healed," she said as she finally stopped looking at his wrist.

"That won't be necessary, so you can go back home and rest," he said. "Aren't you a righty? How can you do your work, if you are a right-hand person?" Faye said as she noticed that he used his right hand most of the time when she was working here.

"I have an assistant for a reason," he used her words against her. She thought, "look at that. Him learning such a thing." Her lips twitched.

"There's nothing wrong in having an extra set of hands," Faye said. Leo saw in her eyes that she was not going to give up like she usually does. "Alright," he gave up instead before quietly sighing.