Chapter 63

The phone was ringing, and a slender hand picked it up. The person didn't bother saying hello and went to the question, "Is it done?"

"It's done," the other person from the other line said as he was panting in pain.

"Did she die a painful death," the voice said with great satisfaction. Rin was standing beside the window and moved the curtains aside to stare at the empty sky as she waited for the man to answer back.

"Yes...," the man answered back. "Good, I'll send you the money," she said before the doors were broken open.

"Rin Davidson, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Faye Grey," an officer said. There were a total of three police officers who entered the room.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Rin said, innocently and acting as if she didn't understand what was going on.

"Is that so?" a voice entered the room. Rin's eyes widened in shock. Her body trembled in disbelief. "Y-you... How can it be...," Rin stuttered as she saw Faye and Leo enter the room. Faye was perfectly fine, not a single hair was missing.

Faye laughed, "Do you really think I was stupid to not know your trick."

_____

"If that's all you are here for, to apologize and tell me that, then save it. I no longer care and find those to be no use for me," Faye said coldly. She didn't care if he was sorry because what will that do for her, the one who loved him had already died by his hand, so there was no point caring. She also didn't care about the engagement. She was no longer part of that family. They were no longer family the day she came back to this life.

"But I feel that Rin may come after you so please be careful...," Parker said. "I will leave now.... Don't worry. I won't show up in front of you anymore... I'm....sorry," Parker left with great regret and guilt. He took one last look at her but saw those warm eyes no longer exist for him. He saw no emotion emitting from her as if he was of no importance to her anymore. He sadly remembered her breathtaking smile as he stared at her cold expression. He still felt the guilt as it had spread from his gut to his mind and had reached his heart. He knew the guilt wouldn't disappear even if he apologized. It will stay with him for a lifetime. He finally turned to leave as a small sad smile of regret emerged on his face.

Faye watched him leave as she felt a chain finally being broken. She could breathe. "Faye?" Leo said, concerned as he noticed her eyes show great relief. She turned and looked at Leo, "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, finally," she said but she remembered what Parker said. She knew that Rin would not let this go. Rin was probably losing her mind right now. She knew that Rin was probably planning something to get rid of her for good. Faye touched her chin as she was pondering what to do.

"Faye, what's wrong now?" Leo said, seeing how intense Faye was thinking. "She won't let this go," Faye said, "Rin will most likely do something, but I don't know what and when...."

Immediately, Faye and Leo went to his office and Faye briefly summarized the situation to him without telling him about her rebirth or it would lead to a much more complicated and confusing discussion. As she felt it was better left unsaid until there was a day she could no longer hide it.
They started to discuss what to do. They both started to prepare for the unknown. They thought it was best if Faye was alone when she was outside as bait to quickly lurk out Rin's plan. Since Leo had directed bodyguards to watch over her in secrecy and informed the proper authorities about the unknown.

"Here, wear this. This has a small GPS chip in here," Leo said, presenting her with a necklace. She picked up the necklace and looked at it. She couldn't believe anything was in there as the gem was so tiny. "Here, put it on," Leo said, grabbing it from her and putting it on her.

"Are sure this will work?" She played with the necklace. "I will use everything I have and can use to find you," Leo said.

Faye smiled, "Then I will be expecting you to come to save me..."

A loud bang echoed against the abandoned warehouse as the man who was shooting was groaning in pain. The gun he was holding was on the ground as he was shot in the arm. "Freeze! Don't move! Put your hands up." Cops were shouting with their guns, aiming at the two men. The two men immediately put their hands up.

"Faye!" Leo shouted and hurried to her side. "Are you okay?" he said with his heart almost collapsing. He removed the mouth cover and untied her hands.

"I'm fine," she gritted in pain. "Are you sure?" Leo said, worried. Faye touched the back of her head and said, "the back of my head is throbbing."

The police officers had already cuffed the two men, "Don't think we are letting you two off easy." Leo glared down at them, and their entire back was ice cold.

"If you want to make your punishment lighter, then you better do what you are told," the chief officer said, which led them to use the two men to say they had finished the job since they had already confessed their crimes.

_____

"We have evidence and witnesses of you wanting to murder Miss Grey," the officer said, pulling out handcuffs. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...," The officer went in front of her and started to cuff her.

"How can that be...," Rin couldn't understand how things were turning this way. "You are supposed to be dead!" she screamed and tried to charge at Faye, but was immediately stopped by the officer. At that moment, both of Faye's parents appeared as they heard the commotion. They were shocked and confused about what was happening.

Faye watched as the officer took Rin away. Faye thought it was finally over... for good.

"Hey, are you feeling," Leo said, holding her trembling hands, which she didn't even know were trembling. "It's over," she said instead and looked up at him with a smile of relief.

"NO!" Rin said, exposed in anger as she shoved the officer off her before grabbing the other officer's gun. "You must die!" she yelled and shot the gun at Faye.

"Watch out!" Leo said before pulling Faye closer to him and using his body as a shield. The bullet pierced his back with small blood spat landed on Faye's face as he stumbled onto Faye.

"Leo!" Faye cried. Leo quickly fell onto his knees before collapsing to the floor. "Leo," Faye cried out again, trying to hold him.

"How does it feel to lose a loved one right in front of you," Rin laughed. The officers already took the gun away from her and subdued her. "Now you will be pitied like I was to the point of driving you mad. How two-faced everyone is! How they pitied you for being all alone but then turned around and trash talked about you and your family! However, YOU! You!" Rin screamed as she was being dragged away. Both Faye's mother and father stood there, overwhelmed with their eyes widened in shock as if their souls left their bodies. They had a horrible realization eating them alive as they couldn't believe what they had done to Rin and Faye.