SS: Ian's Long Love Final Part

"Welcome back. Mother and grandfather missed you," Leo said as Layla and Ian arrived at Faye and Leo's home. They were all in the living room. Leonard was playing with his toys on the ground, and Faye was sitting on the couch. Leo, Layla, and Ian were standing in the living room.

"Who are you?" the three-year-old Leonard asked as he stopped playing with his toys.

"This is your Auntie Layla," Faye said to Leonard.

"Hi, Auntie Layla. I'm Leonard," Leonard said.

"Oh, hi there. You look exactly like your daddy and mommy," Layla said, sweetly. Leonard giggled and ran to hug his mom. "Are you shy?" Faye teased him as he hid his face in his mother's arm.

"You must be tired from the long trip," Faye said to Layla, "Do you want to spend the night here?" she asked.

"Oh, no. Thank you. It's fine. I just wanted to stop by to tell you all that I'm back. I don't want to disturb your Christmas. We were going to leave soon," Layla said.

"Are you sure?" Leo also asked.

"Yes," Layla said and glanced at Ian, who was playing with Leonard. Soon, Layla and Ian said their goodbyes and left the house. "It looks like Ian doesn't need to wait anymore," Faye said as they settled down. "Hmm," Leo said while hugging Faye from behind as their son went back to his toys.

"Then I guess that means I have no one to talk to now. Janine has Vincent. Lake has Lillian. The others are too busy with each other and work. Now, Ian has Layla. Well, I guess I have Gramps," Faye teased. Leo's mouth twitched with one of his eyebrows raised. "I guess someone is forgetting about me," Leo said with his lips tightening in anger. Faye contained her smile before saying, "What about you?"

"Oh, is that so? I guess I have to make you remember me," Leo said in anger before swooping her up and taking her upstairs.

"Daddy, where are you taking mommy?" Leonard said, looking up and running over to them.

"To teach mommy a lesson," Leo said before throwing Faye over his shoulder as she struggled to break free. "A lesson? Why? What did mommy do?" Leonard said, confused.

"You don't need to worry about it, son," Leo said and pulled out his phone. "Ben? Can you pick up Leonard and take him to Richard? He will be spending the night there," Leo said.

"Son, you will be spending the night with your great-grandpa," he patted his son's head. "So, play with your toys until Ben comes and picks you up, okay," Leo said.

"Okay," Leonard said obediently and went back to play with his toys.

"L-Leo, I was teasing. Let me down," Faye said, flustered and wriggling in his arms.

"Don't worry, I will let you down," Leo said, taking her upstairs to their bedroom.

"What did mommy do to make daddy mad? I'll ask great-grandpa later," Leonard said to himself and played with his toys, waiting for Ben.
(Just a side note: for anyone who is worried that they shouldn't leave their three-year-old son alone. They have a housekeeper, so don't worry.)

______

"Hey... I'm sorry. I took so long. I didn't mean to make you wait for so long," Layla said, seeing how Ian was pouting a little bit. "Hmm, are you mad?" Layla said, reaching to grab his coat to stop him. Ian turned around and grabbed the hand that was reaching for him before pulling her into him.

"Of course not. I just missed you," Ian said with a smile. He felt so warm and happy to have her in his arms. He longed to hug her, and finally, he could. "Did you know how much I wanted to hold you and spend time with you? Or how much I wanted to see? I'm still kind of upset that you didn't answer me back those couple of days," he said in her ear.

"I know, but I wanted to finish up quickly, so I could surprise you. And, I missed you too. I thought about you all the time and couldn't wait to come back," Layla said softly, wrapping her arms around him and burying her face in his chest. "Little brat... don't leave me again," he said, kissing the top of her head.

"Then you must spoil me so I won't leave you," she teased, looking up at him. "Spoiled brat," he broke into a smile before sealing her lips with his as the small bookmark he gave her was dangling on her purse.