Side Story: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 1

"Congratulations to Lake!" the announcer shouted before a loud round of applause echoed on the stage. Lake gave his thank-you speech before the show ended. Once he was leaving the stage, many singers and staff were congratulating him for being first on the charts.

"Thank you," he said to each and every person who congratulated him.

He entered his room to change out of his performance clothes. He took out the headset microphone before starting to unbutton the clothes.

"Hey, Lake. Don't forget your next schedule," Lake's manager said, entering the room to see Lake in comfortable clothes.

"Yes, I know. I still have tonight available, correct?" Lake said, getting up from leaning on the couch.

"I think so. Why?" Lake's Manager said, not looking at his phone anymore but at Lake. "I have something to do tonight," Lake said.

"What are you doing? I thought tonight we might celebrate your win of being at the top of the charts," his manager said, looking at Lake's schedule.

Lake scratched the back of his head and said," Well, I have plans with someone else who will be celebrating my win."

"Oh, okay. Just be careful. We don't want a scandal," Lake's manager said. "Alright, let's go to the next show," his manager said. Once they exited the room, Lake and his manager headed out.

"Lillian! Where is the dress!" a voice shouted from afar. Lake looked back to see a woman with glasses hurrying to get the clothes to another woman.

"Lake? Let's go," Lake's manager said, seeing that Lake had stopped and was looking back. "Sorry, coming," Lake said, turning back and continuing to follow his manager out the doors.

"Hey, I was going to ask you, but do you need a break? These past years you have been working nonstop. I'm not saying to take a hiatus, but it's fine to take a quick break for your health," Lake's manager said while driving to the next show.

"I'm fine. I don't need a break," Lake said, looking out the window. He thought he hadn't taken a break since Faye got married three years ago. He knows it's silly to still have those feelings for a woman who is already married and has a one and half-year-old son, but he can't help it. So if he takes a break, then he will probably be thinking about those feelings that he has been pushing back and trying to not think about since he knows how happy Faye is now with her lovely family. He wasn't really ready to face the reality that he no longer has a chance. So, he has been focusing on his music for the past three years.

______

"Congratulations on your win again," Faye said, sitting across from Lake in Janine's coffee shop late at night while Leo was with their son at the counter, waiting for Janine to cut the cake for them as Vincent and Ian were there too. Robert and the rest had already left. Since they had finished celebrating Lake's win and now they were settling down and eating cake.

"Thank you," Lake said, looking at Faye. Faye smiled at him before looking at her family, who were by the counter. Lake watched Faye's eyes show great love and happiness. Faye noticed his gaze.

"Don't you think you need to take a break now? You have been working nonstop. You look like you need to take a break," Faye said, seeing how thin his face was getting and the dark circle under his eyes.

Lake smiled before leaning back against the chair, "You are just like my manager. I'm fine. I'm physically healthy," he said.

"I was talking about your mental health?" Faye said, looking at him. "I think you need time for yourself to think and figure things out, or you will just exhaust yourself and not have any closure," Faye said. Lake went silent as it felt like she knew what he was avoiding, which was the fact that he had no chance with Faye anymore. "I think once you come to it. You will see that it wasn't what you thought," Faye said.

"Really?" Lake finally said, looking out the window.

"Mommy!" a kiddish voice called out as a bright toddler came running towards them with a plate in his hand.

"Leonard, slow down," Faye said, getting up to meet him halfway. "L-look. Look," the cute toddler said, showing Faye the piece of cake. "Looks yummy. Let mommy carry it," Faye said, picking up the plate out of his hand before Leo picked him up from behind. Their baby had some of the whipped creams on his fingers from the cake as he wiped it onto his father's face once Leo picked him up.

"Hey, you little brat. What do you think you are doing," Leo said as the little toddler laughed. "Wife, look at what your son did," Leo said, showing his cheek to her. Faye chuckled before wiping it off. Then their bratty son wiped his hand on Faye's face too, when she was wiping the cream off of Leo's face. "Leonard," Faye said as he just smiled. "Come here, you," Faye said, trying to pinch his cute little face.

Lake quietly watched them laugh among each other. "Okay, sit here and eat your cake. Mommy and Daddy will be right back," Faye said as Leo sat their son down right next to Lake before they went to wash their faces.

"Don't worry, I'll watch him," Lake said before they left. Leonard quietly ate his cake before he noticed Lake looking at his mommy and daddy as they were washing their faces in the sink behind the counter so they could still keep an eye on their son.

"Youu like mommy?" the little boy said, looking at Lake with cream in the corner of his mouth. Lake went quiet. "Mee loves mommy tooo, but daddy loves mommy soo much! Me w-wann to love someone like that tooo," the little boy smiled.

"Me too," Lake said with a smile and patted his head. For some reason, hearing that, he felt a little lighter. Someday, he will find someone and love them.

"Leonard, are you done?" Faye asked as they were coming towards him. "Yes, mommy," he answered back. "Okay, are you ready to go? It's almost time for bed," Faye said, petting his head. "Sorry, Lake, but it's almost time for his bedtime," Faye said, wiping his face.

"No, it's fine. Thank you for celebrating with me," Lake said with a smile. "Yes, congrats again," she said before Leo picked up their son. "Congrats," Leo said to Lake.

"Thank you," Lake said to Leo as they stared at each other for a second.

"Bye!" Leonard said to him. "Bye," Lake smiled at him. Faye and Leo said their goodbyes to the rest of the group. Lake watched them leave before he was also ready to leave as well. He thanked Janine and them for celebrating with him and for the cake and gifts. He exited the shop to see them walking towards their car as he walked in the opposite direction.

"Sleepy?" Faye said as she noticed her son rubbing his eyes. "Do you want mommy to sleep with you tonight?" she asked. The little boy yawned before nodding his head and stretching his arms out for his mommy to hold him.

Faye took her son out of Leo's arms. Once she held him in her arms, he nuzzled his face against her neck ready to fall asleep. "No, mommy is mine," Leo said, smiling as he hugged both of them, causing Leonard to get up from Faye's shoulder. "Stop, being a baby," Faye said to Leo, lightly smacking his arm. Leonard stared at both of his parents before smiling.

"Sleep together!" he said, hugging both of his parents' necks with his tiny arms.