Chapter 55

"Lake, you are so sweet," Rin said docilely.

Then a waiter came by with drinks.

"Care to have a drink?" the waiter said. "Mind if I do," Rin said sweetly, eyeing the waiter. Faye immediately knew something was up. "Here, have a drink, you two," Rin said, trying to hand the drinks to Lake first.

"Sorry, Rin, but we are both underage," Faye said, protecting Lake from falling into Rin's trap.

"Yes, sorry," Lake said, trying to be polite.

The waiter immediately said, "Don't worry. It's sparking champagne. It's non-alcoholic."

"See, it's non-alcoholic, so don't make me drink by myself," Rin said, attempting to get Lake to take the drink out of her hand.

"Um," Lake didn't want to be rude as he was about to reach and get the drink. Faye couldn't watch Lake fall into the trap. "Here, let me drink it," Faye said. Rin hid her smirk as her plan was going the way she wanted. She was hoping Faye would intervene and drink it instead.

However, Faye wasn't stupid not to know what Rin was up to as she was planning to drop the drink on the floor, making it look like an accident.

Before Faye grabbed the drink, another hand appeared and took the drink. The person who stole the drink was Leo, as he drank it in one shot. Everyone was shocked to see Leo appear out of nowhere and drank it without noticing the look in Faye's eyes.

Faye couldn't believe it. She thought Leo was crazy. She knew that Leo wasn't stupid to not see Rin's trick.

"She is underage," Leo said deadly, scaring Rin and the waiter. "They said it was non-alcoholic," Lake said.

Leo snickered and narrowed his eyes at the waiter before saying, "Is that so? I can taste that it was not non-alcoholic. Do you know the price it is for giving two underage minors alcohol?" The waiter could feel the killing intent Leo was giving as he quickly apologized and ran for his life. Leaving Rin, speechless and scared.

Before Rin could say anything to relieve the atmosphere, Leo said, "Faye, you know you're still on work hours," as he glanced at Rin and Lake and walked away. Faye immediately went after Leo, leaving Lake and Rin by themselves.

Soon, Lake also left, leaving Rin to be angry by herself.

"You are very lucky, Faye," Rin said to herself, hiding her hatred. "It's fine. Let's see how much he can hold up before swooping him up," Rin smiled evilly. She saw another opportunity she could do. She thought it would be a great idea to take advantage of the most handsome and wealthiest bachelor in the city. All she had to do was get rid of Faye before taking advantage of him. She narrowed her eyes toward them.

"Are you stupid? Why did you take that drink?" Faye said beside him as they were talking to each other quietly without anyone hearing what they were saying. Leo was quiet as his body was starting to heat up. Faye immediately worried, "Are you okay? How are you feeling? Let's take you to the hospital."

"I-I don't think you want to let her know that her plan works," Leo struggled to say. Faye's eyes open in surprise. She didn't understand why he would do such a thing. "H-how... Why...," Faye stuttered, trying to wrap her head around what to ask.

"I-I can tell in your eyes that you have a great hate for her, and knowing you. If you have such great hatred for someone, then that means that person isn't good," he said, enduring the burning sensation that was rising within him. Her heart softened for a split second before remembering the feeling as she said, "Are you stupid? She probably spiked the drink. Seeing how you are, my guess is correct. Come, let's take you to the hospital."