Chapter 56

Faye hurried out as her mind was blank. All she could think was run. Her entire body was trembling. She drove in Leo's car all the way to her condo, but she couldn't think of anything as his unintentional confession shocked her to the core. Once she arrived at her building, she was outside, standing there as if her mind was absent.

"Faye?" Robert called out as he had just exited the building after checking on that ferocious Ming since he didn't know how long Faye would be. He didn't understand why Ming was so mean to every guy Faye knew. He would growl but not attack or he would either push any man away when they got close to Faye or simply ignore their presence. Robert also found it odd that Ming wasn't like that to girls.

"Faye?" Robert called again to see Faye walking absentminded. "Are you okay?" he said worriedly as he reached her. He could see her trembling.

"Ngh," she responded without really looking at him as she walked towards the door.

"Faye?" he said again as he caught her wrist.

She sort of snapped out as she said like a zombie, "I'm fine. Thank you...," as she entered the building.

Once she opened her door, the big, furry golden retriever came running to meet her. She shut the door behind her before she collapsed on her knees and hugged Ming.

She buried her face into his fur, and tears were flowing out. The feeling was back as it could no longer be pushed back or disappear. She could feel her beating heart thumping in reaction to Leo's sudden confession. She knew it.

She knew that she couldn't escape this feeling. The feeling she was most fearful of. She couldn't deny it anymore. She has feeling for Leo.

However, she could still see those eyes filled with no love as she was dying in the dark, quiet room all by herself.
All those loving, torturing memories came flooding in. She was scared... Love was scary...

She remembered losing all her senses for love. She didn't want to feel love again... The feelings of being hopelessly in love, the pain she felt, the unrequited love she obtained, the pain of her heart being crushed... The final breath she gave out.

She can't. She can't. She couldn't. She could still hear Parker's last words. She knew he didn't love her as she did, but wanting her dead was something else. It felt like someone ripping her heart out and then being squeezed until it turned into mush.

Mingy whimpered as he nuzzled his head against her shoulder as if he was trying to ease her body from trembling.

______

The phone was constantly vibrating as Faye silenced her phone. Janine, Robert, Ian, Andrea, Austin, John, and her grandfather were calling her as they were worried about her. Lake also called. Faye stayed in her room for an entire week. That day was too much for her to handle, Parker showing up, her parents forcing their way in, Rin plotting against her, and then Leo unconsciously confessing. It was simply too much.

Even though Faye was afraid and hated this feeling, in the back of her mind and deep in her heart, she was worried and wondering if Leo was okay. He got into this mess because of her. She wanted to ask Janine to ask Vincent but she resisted the urge.

Then another vibration came through her phone, and this time Ming lifted his head up and looked at who was calling. At that moment, Mingy nuzzled the phone closer to Faye, who wasn't paying attention to her phone. Mingy then picked up her phone with his mouth and dropped it in front of her. Her body froze as it was Leo who was calling this time.