Chapter 23

Faye cussed in her heart that her grandfather had to tell everyone in the whole room that she was his granddaughter as she was surrounded by people.

"So, you are Richard Davidson's granddaughter?" someone asked. "Yes," she answered back.

"Why haven't I seen you before?" asked another. She replied back, "I don't go out as much."

"So, you must be Evan's daughter?" another said as Faye smiled bitterly. "Yes," she answered coldly. "I'm sorry for your loss," the person replied back. "No, it's fine," she answered back. Evan Davidson is Rin's father as they assume she was the cousin.

At that moment, Faye's mother and Rin push their way into the circle, surrounding Faye. "Cousin," Rin said delicately. "Where have you been? We have been looking for you? You went missing five years ago," Rin said, super concerned, which caused everyone to look at Faye. Faye smiled coldly, not showing them the hatred she had for them and disregarding her lies. "I lost my memories. I had a car accident five years ago, and I didn't have any ID with me at that time, so I didn't know who I was. I'm still working on my memories right now," Faye lied as well. She continued, "When I woke up, I was already in the hospital and had no memories. I was told that I had a car accident. I had no memories of how I got there or what happened before that." At that moment, both Rin and her mother sigh in relief. Rin was extremely relieved because that meant Faye probably lost her memories of the affair between her and Parker, which meant she could still have a chance.

Before they could ask some more questions like how she met her grandfather, Faye said coldly, "But I still remember some," as chills went down their spines.

"Ah... Faye," her mother tries to say nervously, trying to stop any more questions from being asked. Faye then leans closer to her mother's ears for only her to hear, "Shh, don't forget I'm your niece. You don't want to ruin your image," she said deadly before she smiled brightly as if nothing had happened. "Auntie, how are you? I can barely remember you," she said. Her mother's body stiffened, and a smile was forced.

"Faye, dear, you probably remember your aunt and uncle. They are the ones that took you in and cared for you," one of the ladies said. "Of course, I remember them. My uncle and aunt were so kind and nice. They were the best," she used the past tense, as she was implying her actual uncle and aunt were the best. Her mother's smile stiffens more. Seeing that, Rin had become afraid somewhat as well, even though she still wanted to crush Faye.

"Faye... do you still remember Parker?" she said softly as she was trying to act timid. Faye sneered in her heart before answering, "Parker? I can't recall," and touching her forehead, displaying her head hurts. Rin's heart sighs in relief, seeing Faye not remember what happened five years ago. "Wait, I think he was my fiancé...," she said softly, trying not to be convincing.

"Yes, he is," Rin said, being happy for her. Faye smiles sadly, which causes Rin to be scared. "It's been five years now, I don't think we match each other now. I think it's better for you, Rin, to be with Parker," she said as everyone's heart felt her genuine heart and made everyone like Faye better. The end of Rin's smile tighter a bit, seeing everyone looking at Faye. Faye laughed in her heart. Before anything could continue, her grandfather called her, "Faye." "Excuse me," she said, leaving the swarm of people with a hidden smile on her face.

Once she reached her grandfather, she glared at him for only him and Ben to see. "What? Are you not happy to be related to me?" her grandfather smiled. "You know once you said that, hundreds of people came after me," she said, upset.

"Of course, I want people to know that you are my granddaughter and important to me. So if anyone wants to mess with you, they will have to deal with me," her grandfather said. She didn't say anything as she felt a little touched by him but also annoyed by her stubborn grandfather. "Thank you for the lovely gift...," he said quietly as it was barely heard. She laughed in her heart before genuinely smiling at her lovely, cold-hearted grandfather.

"Faye, thank you for coming today," Ben said, super pleased. Faye smiled in response before more groups of people came over to them. They crowded them once again, not letting them escape. Before any of them could speak a word, her grandfather's voice was overheard, "Stop with all the questions. It's none of your business." His voice was deadly, silencing everyone. "Faye, go on ahead and relax," her grandfather said, giving her an excuse to leave the group of people. She nodded her head in agreement and excused herself from the swarm of people. Before Faye was fully clear to escape, a timid voice was heard, "Faye, do you want to get a drink with me?" Faye sucked in her resentment and smiled at Rin. "Yes, why not? It might be good to catch up and refresh my memories," she said, hiding her anger. Rin smiled as she was trying her best to hide the jealousy she had against Faye on how her grandfather was treating Faye.

"Let's have some red wine," Rin said nicely, grabbing two glasses of wine. Faye just smiled before saying, "Oh, I can't. I'm underage."

"Well, just take a tiny zip. No one has to know," Rin jokes as she had a trick up her sleeve. Faye's eye shined and said, "If only you don't tell," acting like they were close sisters. Rin puts her pointer finger against her lips and leans forward, "shh, it will be our secret," and in that minute she "accidentally" tilted the glass of wine and spilled red wine onto the white dress.