Chapter 41

In the next moment, three statements were released, one after another. The Ming company stated, "To resolve all this commotion and to inform you all, Faye is our employee. She is our investment manager. She is the reason why our company has become what it is today. Therefore, the photo of Faye with Robert and Leo was about business matters. As you know, the Ming and Lon companies are business partners."

The Lon company stated, "The Lon Company will not tolerate any issue about this. If this matter is not resolved, legal action will be taken."

The New Light entertainment sent a statement, "Our star, Lake, had stated that they are close friends as she was dropping by."

Soon the news spread instantly and resulted in the earlier news of Faye sleeping with men being immediately withdrawn and deleted. Everyone was shocked to the core. They were shocked to find that Faye, Richard Davidson's granddaughter, was working under the well-known Ming Company and was their investment manager. Another shocking news is that Faye was friends with Lake, the famous singer. Everyone became curious how such a lady could be that lucky to work at a famous business and have such a friend.

"Faye? You... You are friends with Lake? The famous singer?" John asked while Faye was looking at the statement that New Light Entertainment Company had released, as the rest of the team was curious and shocked too. She was also confused. She didn't recall being friends with him.

---

"Did you see the news?" Parker spoke with a hidden meaning in his voice to the woman in his arms as she just arrived at the restaurant.

"What news?" Rin acted innocent, not knowing the news of Faye sleeping around, and smiled innocently with a hidden smirk.

"The news of Faye working for the Ming Company and being friends with the famous singer, Lake," Parker said seriously. Once those words reached Rin's ear, a shock of lighting hit her as she felt a strong boom in her body. Her body started to tremble in anger.

"Rin? Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Parker said, looking at her confused. Rin quickly smiled as the end of her mouth tightened in frustration, "What? I'm fine. Just fine. I'm just surprised that Faye was doing great for herself. I was so worried about her."

"I actually met her yesterday. She was different... It was like I didn't know her," Parker said with his eyes showing great emotion. Rin clenched her fist together as she saw Parker's eyes.

"Are you sure? Maybe you were seeing things. Stop joking," Rin said, unserious.

"I don't know...," Parker said, a loss of words hiding his emotion.

"What did you and Faye talk about?" Rin asked, as her smile tightened even more.

"Nothing," Parker answered right away, as he remembered what Faye said to him. "Oh, is that so...," Rin said very slowly with her voice like ice, but Parker didn't notice it.

"Let's eat," Parker changed the subject before they both settled at the table with mixed emotion in both of their eyes.

Soon after, a loud screaming was heard through the closed door as the glass was scattered everywhere. Once again, flowers were everywhere as Rin smashed the flower vase onto the ground. Rin had finished reading the latest statements from all three companies. She couldn't believe it! How did this happen? She thought she got Faye, but the problem was solved instantly compared to her. She couldn't believe it!

----

"Since you are injured, we will postpone our contract until you are fully recovered," Leo said as Faye and Eve arrived at the company.

"That won't be necessary," Faye answered back while Eve nervously hoped that it wouldn't be postponed since she still hasn't gotten a chance to get close to Dave. He's been setting a boundary with her.