Chapter 58

A new day in the Lon company, a female figure who looked like age 18 was storming in. She was wearing high-class clothes. She had overheard the news from the bodyguards that a special lady had stolen her brother's heart. She made the bodyguards investigate who it was. Once she found out who it was, she remembered that she met her before. She was that rude, bossy girl who has a relationship with Ian! She is not fit for her brother!

She had reached the top level and spotted Faye, inside the office looking at the reports she was working on for Leo. Eve was about to enter the office when the young girl also made her way to the office. She smiled as she had an idea. At that moment, Dave noticed her and immediately hurried to tell Leo.

Eve entered the office before someone shove her out of the way, causing her to spill all the paper she had in her hand onto the floor.

"Oops, my bad," the 18-year-old girl said sarcastically before she stepped and crumbled the papers under her feet. Faye had already looked up once she heard Eve make a small shout. Faye stared at the young lady as she felt she had seen her before but couldn't pinpoint it. "Who may you be?" Faye said, getting up from her seat.

"How uneducated you are that you don't know who I am," the young lady said.

Faye could tell how hostile she was and knew that this young lady disliked her for some apparent reason. Before she could ask the young lady why she was hostile to her, a voice came over, "What happened here?"

Leo and Dave had reached behind them. Dave noticed Eve rubbing her elbow and quickly went to check on her.

"Leo, look at your workers. How careless they are to spill and ruin these documents," the young lady framed them. Faye crossed her arms to see what else this young lady was planning to do. "Y-you should-," as she was cut off by Leo. "Layla, do you think I didn't see what you did? Stop messing around here. This isn't a playground for you to play. Do you know you are causing these two ladies to waste their precious time fixing your mess when they could be working on their job," Leo said sternly.

Once Faye heard her name, then she remembered her. Layla was that girl who entered her car that time, she was trying to help that kid, Liam, and was driving Ian to Janine's coffee shop. She then remembered she and Ian have this hate for each other. "That must be it. For her to hate me for no reason," Faye thought.

"But, Leo...," Layla tried to defend herself, but Leo interrupted her. "Layla, what are you doing here?" Leo continued, "Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?"

"I...," she didn't know what to say to defend herself.

Leo sighed before saying, "Dave, send Layla back to school."

"Yes, sir," Dave said once he finished helping Eve.

"Leo," Layla pouted before storming off.

Leo sighed again, "I'm sorry on behalf of my little sister."

"No, it's fine," Eve said, rearranging the papers that she and Dave had picked up. "Don't worry, it's fine," Faye answered as well.

"I'll let you two talk. I'll be back," Eve said and hurried off.

Faye smiled and said, "I think your little sister doesn't like me. I guess we can't be together then." Leo crossed his arms together and said, "Look who's turn to tease."

Faye replied back, "I'm just learning from the best."

Leo watched her loving eyes smile at him, making his heart warm. He said, "You already stole my heart. Do you think I will let you go?" A bright smile appeared on Faye's face. Leo made his way closer to Faye before wrapping his left hand around her neck and pulling her face closer to him to have their lips touching each other before sucking onto her lips.

______

"Parker. Parker! Get back here!" his mother shouted at him. "You can't just walk away after saying that! You need to explain," Parker's mother continued.

"You can't just annul the engagement all on your own," Parker's father said. Parker's parents had stood up from the couch in the living room as they were shouting at Parker, who was walking towards the door.

Parker had just rejected the engagement with Rin and had informed his parents that he does not want to partake in this engagement. He wants to end the agreement of the engagement as he no longer wants to get married.

"Parker, didn't you like Rin? Rin is talented and beautiful. She is also majoring in fashion as she will be the best fashion designer of all time. Weren't you two close? What's the matter? What changed your mind?" Parker's mother said. Parker stopped in his tracks and thought about Rin, but a bigger image appeared in his mind that covered her. He could clearly see those beautiful clear eyes looking at him coldly. Soon the guilt started to rise within him and slowly ate him alive. These past few days, the guilt has been eating him alive and swallowing him deeper until he could no longer stand himself.

"Just cause. I can't... anymore," he said softly.

"Do you think they will let it go? You informed us that Faye canceled the engagement, and now you. Do you know how important this partnership is?" Parker's father said.

"If you continue to force me, then don't bother calling me your son," Parker said. At that moment, Parker's mother grabbed his father's clothes in shock. Parker's mother's face said it all.

"Then you can tell the Davidsons the news," Parker's father said, sitting back down as he gave up on his son since they favored their son.

"Alright," Parker said, leaving.

"Parker, wait. You have to explain yourself," Parker's mother said, worried as they watched Parker leave the house.

Parker entered his car, and once he reached his destination he got out. He spotted her, leaving the building. "Faye," he said as he stood right in front of her.