Chapter 35

In the quiet office, Leo was looking at reports before the silence was disrupted by a cold, pissed-off young lady. "Welcome, Miss Grey," Leo said, raising his head.

Faye was not in a cheerio mood before sitting down. "Show me the contract," she said in a deadly tone as she was ready to find flaws and fight the fight. Leo responded by calling his assistant, Dave.

Soon, Dave enters the office and brings the contract to Faye. "Go ahead and take your time reading it over," Leo said in a steady voice before going back to his reports. Faye looks over the contract.

In a few minutes, Faye finished looking over the contract and realized it didn't seem horrifying as her fighting spirit was starting to fade and disappear. She just had to work here for a month and help with managing and overseeing their investments and outside projects. It was similar to working with her grandfather but for a shorter time. She will even have Eve as her assistant, but if she doesn't show up three times without notice, then the contract will be terminated, and the penalty will proceed. "Alright, since it's too late for me to have a say in this. Where do you want me to start?" Faye said.

Leo stops his work again before saying, "Already given up on the fight?"

"What is done is done. The contract has already been signed. I can't do anything about it," Faye said, crossing her arms with her legs crossed as well. She couldn't fight back as everything was already legally bonded, and she wasn't going to let her grandmother's land be taken away because she stubbornly didn't want to show up. All she had to do was show up and tell which projects and businesses were good to invest in. It was simple. So, there wasn't any reason to make a big deal about it, even if she couldn't stand it. Leo quietly looked at her with his eyes showing hidden amazement as he assumed she would put up a longer and stronger fight, but to his surprise, she calmly accepted it. "Well, since you have accepted it, then let's process," Leo said and signaled Dave to grab the materials. "We have two projects that we are pondering which one to invest in. I want you to tell me which one is good to invest in because we only want to invest in one of the two," Leo said.

Soon enough, Dave had given her two binders. Both Leo and Dave assume that Faye would leave and look it over some time before reporting it back. However, Faye opened the binders and quickly skimmed through them. "Go with the Green Star Company," Faye immediately said before setting it down on his desk.

Dave was shocked at how she answered so fast since it looked like she barely looked at the two binders.

"How do you know that Green Star is a great choice to choose? You barely looked at both binders and already decided. It makes it look like you are doing your job half-hearted," Leo said professionally.

"I know my information and know that Green Star's project has great potential," Faye answered causally. Leo crosses his arms together and leans back before saying, "Miss Grey, just having your say is not enough evidence to back you up. In this company, we don't choose a project just because one person says it's good. We have to do our research before presenting it to me to see if it is a good project to invest in. Since you are working for me, you will have to comply with our rules."

"Excuse me, you want me to do what?" Faye said in disbelief.

"I want you to create a presentation and report for me at the end of the week to see why Green Star's project is a good choice to invest in," he ordered professionally. Before she could speak, he continued, "I expected you to compromise. If not, then the contract will be terminated, and the penalty will proceed," Leo said.

"Alright," Faye gritted.

However, Faye was impressed that the Lon Company does a great job in doing their business as they accomplish their job efficiently. It makes sense why the Lon Company is so well-known and wealthy since they do their job seriously.

"Great. Dave will show you where you will be working from here on," Leo directed Dave to show her. Faye followed Dave and was almost out the door when Leo said, "I hope the both of us work well together." Faye didn't respond and left his office.

Dave had brought her to another office. It had a similar layout as Leo's office but was smaller in size. One big difference between this office and Leo's was that the walls were made of glass, so everyone could see through and know what she was doing.

"Do you have any questions for me?" Dave asked while Faye was scanning the office.

"No, I'll be calling my assistant soon and leaving early, so inform your boss," Faye said.

Dave was at a loss for words for a second before saying, "What's your assistant's name? So, I can inform the front desk and allow access for her to come up."

"Her name is Eve Jon," Faye responded.

"Alright, I will inform the front desk and Leo," Dave said before leaving.

Faye entered the office and dialed Eve's number. "Hello. I have agreed so you can assist me." Faye said. "Yes, we will be starting today. I'll be waiting for you," Faye ended the call.

An hour passed before a knock was heard, and the door opened. Faye was relaxing in the chair with the two binders in front of her. Faye looked up from her phone to see Dave and Eve entering. "Miss Grey, your assistant has arrived, and Leo has been informed. Also, here is the laptop you will be using. My apologies for the delay," Dave said.

Faye was a little stunned to see Eve as Dave was handing over the laptop. She noticed that Eve was not her usual self. Eve was wearing a soft white knitted sweater with light color shirt and black jeans. She looked pure and fresh as she had become timid. Faye clearly remembers her to be an outgoing person and had a spunky attitude. Faye didn't understand her reason for this sudden change, but what Faye didn't see was the hidden emotion in Eve's eyes as she was looking at Dave.