Chapter 44

It was the next morning, and Faye was pacing outside her bedroom door. She couldn't decide to see if Leo was up or not since it was almost time for Dave and Eve to pick them up. She felt it was going to be awkward since last night she called him an old man. She finally knocked on the door and called out Leo's name, but there was no answer. She was about to open the door before the door opened. She stood there with her eyes widening in shock as she covered her eyes. "You... You!" Faye stuttered, still covering her eyes. "Why are you shirtless?" she said.

He chuckled, "Well, since you didn't have any clothes for me to sleep in. I had to take off my shirt since it's uncomfortable to sleep in. Also, it will wrinkle my clothes," as Leo's upper body was exposed with his smooth abs reflecting against the light. There was no sound before Leo said, "You can uncover your eyes."

Faye uncovered her eyes to see him buttoning his long sleeve shirt up as she unconsciously stared at him buttoning his shirt. "Do you like what you see?" he chuckled. Faye was immediately flustered and tried to say, "I'll meet you outside," and left. Leo smiled while watching her run off as he was fixing his collar before putting on his blazer back on. Leo's phone rang, "Yes, Dave?" Leo answered the phone. "Alright, we are ready. We are waiting for you to arrive," Leo ended.

Leo found Faye standing outside, waiting. "Dave informed me that they will be arriving soon," Leo reported to Faye.

"Ngh," Faye simply acknowledged, trying to ignore what happened early. His eyes smiled at her as he kept to himself. She quickly glanced at him to see him occasionally staring at her as it irritated her. They stood there in silence until Dave and Eve finally arrived. All of them entered the car as Faye and Leo sat at the back while Eve was sitting on the passenger side and Dave was driving. The whole car ride continued in silence. Dave and Eve glanced at each other, feeling awkward about the silence and tension in the air.

Once they reached the Green Star project site, they were greeted by the company's representative as he showed them their progress and product.

"Do you have any questions, Leo sir," the representative said at the end. Leo nodded and spoke to the representative as Faye was looking around. If she remembered correctly, it would take a few weeks before Green Start became a huge hit. They started slowly before reaching the climax. "Have you guys released or prepared ads to promote your product?" Faye asked as everyone gave their attention to her.

"Umm, we are still working on it, Miss Grey," the representative said.

"Good. Word of advice. Don't worry too much if you guys don't have a good start. It's the end result that matters. So don't be discouraged and continue to work hard and improve," Faye said casually, as they all were surprised to see how encouraging Faye was. The whole time she was quiet and didn't seem to care what was going on.

"Thank you for the advice, Miss Grey. We will remember that," the representative said with great gratitude. Faye just nodded her head in reply.

Everything was finished, and Green Star was good to launch their project at the end of the week, and they were back in the car. It was quiet once again. Once they arrived back at Lon company. "Good job, all of you," Leo said. "And thank you, Faye," Leo said, looking at Faye.

"It's my job," Faye said, indifferent. "I know, "he said, genuine.

"Don't think about it," Faye said straightforwardly as she pointed at his lips. He chuckled knowing what she was implying, so he tried to contain his smile, "Alright, I'll try my best."

"Since my job is done today, I'll be leaving now," Faye said, heading out.