SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Final Part

"Come on, Lillian. Let's try this coffee shop. I heard many good things about this shop," Emily said, dragging her friend with her.

"Can't we go to our usual cafe? I think it's cheaper there," Lillian said.

"Don't worry. I will pay," Emily said. "No, I can pay for myself. Don't worry," Lillian said, entering the coffee shop.

"Welcome," Janine greeted them. Both of them sat down and waited for their drinks.

"This place is really nice and clean," Emily said, looking around the shop. Before Lillian could respond, the door opened again.

"Faye! Oh, hi there, Leonard," Janine cried out, seeing Faye and little Leonard entering the shop.

"Hi, Auntie Janine," Leonard said, holding onto his mother's clothes. "Did you spend time with your mommy today?" Janine said to Leonard. He smiled before nodding his head in response. Once they reached the chairs, Faye picked up her son and put him on the chair. "Faye, don't you have work today?" Janine said, making drinks.

"Finished already," Faye said, feeding Leonard a vanilla cake that Janine had given him once he sat down. Faye would talk to Janine but had her attention on her son. He smiled as she wiped the cream off the corner of his mouth. Lillian watched them as she recalled yesterday.

"Lillian? Why are you distracted today?" Emily said. "Sorry," Lillian said before Daniel brought over their drinks.

_____

"Thank you for coming to help me, Lillian," Lillian's aunt said. Lillian had arrived at her aunt's company to help her aunt with their latest makeup shoots.

"It's not a problem," Lillian said, helping them out. Her aunt wanted her to be their makeup artist for the day as they were taking photos of their latest products, so they needed a makeup artist to apply the makeup for the models.

Once everything was finished, Lillian was about to leave when her aunt stopped her. "Don't worry, I will transfer money to you since I did hire you, so you have to get paid."

"That's not necessary," Lillian refused. "Didn't you say you don't want my help, so it wouldn't be fair for me to use you," her aunt said.

"Thank you...," Lillian said as she couldn't refuse.

"It's already late. Do you want me to take you home?" her aunt asked.

"No, it's fine. I'll be taking the bus. Don't worry about me," Lillian said. "Alright, but don't forget we have dinner tomorrow night," Lillian's aunt said.

Lillian exited the company as the night had arrived. She headed to the bus stop. She sat on the bench as she was all alone, waiting for the bus. Lillian leaned back and looked up at the sky and thought she was pretty content with her life. She finally got her dream job of being a makeup artist and worked with nice people. She then remembered Lake's nice smile. "He is really a nice person. Sadly, he didn't get the girl he wanted...," she said out of the blue.

"Lillian?" a voice called out to her. She turned her hand to see Lake with a black mask and hat on.

"Lake?" she asked, "is that you?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Yes. It's me," Lake said, pulling the mask down to show his face to her.

"What are you doing here?" Lillian said as Lake came to sit down next to her.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air. Where were you today? I didn't see you today?" Lake said.

"Oh, I was helping my aunt with her new products she will be promoting this week," Lillian said.

"Oh, your aunt?" Lake said.

"Yes. Lina Rose, the one who owns M2, the famous makeup company," Lillian said.

"Really. I also have a famous aunt. She was the one who mostly raised me growing up since my parents were busy with work," Lake said with a bright smile.

"Me too.... I was raised by my aunt after my parents passed away," Lillian said.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lake said. "No, it's fine," she said.

"I guess tonight is a very quiet night as it makes you think about a lot of things," Lake said, looking at the night sky. "It's true," Lillian said, thinking of what she just thought about.

She also looked up from the sky alongside Lake. She then watched Lake gazing at the stars. "If you need someone to talk to, then I'm here. It's the least I can do," Lillian said. "You can think of me as a wall if you want," Lillian said.

Lake chuckled before saying, "Of course not but thank you for being willing to be a listening ear for me."

Lillian sat there waiting for him to talk.

"It's nothing much, but I guess I do need a break, so I can rethink. Lately, I have been thinking about a lot of things. I think I have come to terms with something that I have been avoiding," Lake said.

"Is it about a girl?" Lillian said. Lake looked surprised, "How do you know?"

"I-I saw...," Lillian said quietly.

"Ah, I see. Well, I think I did like her in some ways, but it was merely a small crush. I think I like her way of compassion, but that's not all of her... So, I don't really have the right to say I'm good enough for her when I don't really know her like someone else who does," Lake said, staring at the stars.

"There's nothing wrong with thinking you were good enough for her since you did have a crush on her and knew some part of her," Lillian said.

"Yeah... but now thinking about it. I think I knew I was already over her but didn't realize it until now. I kept saying I like her, but my heart doesn't feel anything anymore, as if it was routine. I guess I really do need a break to sort things out," Lake smiled.

"Well, you are figuring it out now. So, maybe you should take a break from work," Lillian said as her eyes were on him from the start.

"Thank you for listening to me," Lake said, looking at her. "Not a problem," Lillian said, gazing away from him. "You are avoiding me again. Are you sure that I look good-looking? Because you keep looking away from me," Lake teased.

"No, it's just a habit I have. I don't like looking people in the eye. It makes me feel pressure," Lillian said, flustered.

"Well, I hope one day you can look me in the eye and not feel pressure. It would be nice to know more about you," Lake said, genuinely smiling at her as Lillian looked up at him in the eyes with the night going long. It was a new beginning.