Chapter 18

Months passed by as Robert's tea became a big hit in a week right after he just started working for her. Soon enough, her company became well-known. Everyone knew about Robert Long and the Ming company, and, lucky enough, no one knew about her being the actual owner of the company, as they all assumed he was. He started to sell his product using their company name instead of another company, but the other companies still sponsored it. Robert and Faye would have a meeting once a week to see how things were going, even though every day Robert would call Faye and bicker until she came and helped him out.

During those past months, Faye had finished helping Liam as well. Since the day he followed his crush, he continued to follow her and give her gifts, and they became somewhat close as it was almost time for him to move. Faye helps him practice his confession and helps him get flowers for her. However, she rejected him in a nice polite way as she said, "she would like to get to know him more before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend." And from what Faye heard, they still kept in contact and got even closer than before as they would take turns to visit one another, and recently they started a long-distance relationship.

~Present day~

In the quiet condo, a phone was ringing and buzzing before a slender hand reached over and answered the phone. "Hello?" Faye said, half asleep.

"Because of you, I'm getting white hair!" Robert bickered.

Faye did a quick chuckle before saying in her moto tone, "Do you know what time it is?"

"Yes! It's past noon. Now hurry and come help me!" Robert said.

Faye rolled over to the other side of her bed and said, "It's my day off, so no."

"Then I'm going to reject all of the investment you did," he threatened her.

"Come on, Robert," Faye whined a bit. "They are good to invest in now," she added.

"Well, too bad. If I don't see you, then no investment." He hung up. Faye chuckled before placing her phone back on her nightstand and petting Mingy back to sleep as she got up.

A few seconds later, she got a text from Andrea saying that they need help, and then a call from John came through saying that Robert might lose his mind.

Faye grabbed her key and purse before leaving her condo as she had a smile the whole time.

Once she arrived, both Andrea and John got up and looked extremely relieved. "Faye, you are finally here!" John said.

"So, what's the problem?" Faye asks as John and Andrea both point to Robert's office. Faye smiles and enters the office. "So, what's up?" she teases.

"What's up!" he said, upset. "Today, I found my first white hair because of you!" he complained as she laughed until her heart content.

"Is that the reason why you call me," she said, getting close to cracking up again.

"Of course not," he snorted. "I have some questions to run through you and have to meet all sorts of people today. And tonight, I have to attend a ceremony," he finished and handed her a binder.

As she was looking through it, Robert stopped to ask, "I'm surprised you weren't up? Don't you and your grandfather have lunch together today?"

"Nope, he changed it today to have dinner with him as he had important meetings," she casually answered, still going through the files. "Okay, you just have to tweak this and continue with that, '' Faye inputs her half as Robert quietly listens to her.

"Okay," he said seriously, as he was very determined and serious in his work.

"Alright, can I leave for the day?" Faye jokes, even though she knows she is not planning on coming back to work.

"Ha Ha. Very funny... You know you are causing me so much stress. I'm only 28 years old, and I already have white hair," he said, unhappy.

"Well, who told you to agree to work for me?" Faye said with a smile.

"If I knew you would be a handful, then I probably wouldn't accept this job," he teases.

"Oh really?" Faye smirk.

Before they continue to tease each other, Faye's iPhone starts to vibrate and ring. "Hello?" She answered, "Janine, what's the matter?"

"What?" Faye said aloud.

"What's the matter, Faye?" Robert asks, worried.

"I gotta go. I'll tell you when I get the chance," she said and hurried out.

"Faye? You are already leaving?" Holler Andrea.

"Yeah, I have to go! See you guys later!" Faye was halfway out the door and waving her hands goodbye to them.

Faye sped away. She was a few blocks away from Janine's shop before a black van attempted to turn in front of her, as the driver wasn't paying attention and didn't realize she was coming down the road as both she and the driver quickly hit their brakes. The two cars were inches away from colliding with each other. As cars behind them found ways to go around and continue their busy day.